1. Where/How did you meet? Blind date
2. How long have you known each other? 15 years
3. How long after you met did you start dating? Well, we spoke on the phone a few times before our blind date, if that counts.
4. How long did you date before you were engaged? 6 weeks
5. How long was your engagement? about 7 months
6. How long have you been married? 14 1/2 years
7. What is your anniversary? 10/10/92
8. How many people came to your wedding reception? About 125
9. What kind of cake did you serve? White cake with cream and raspberry filling, decorated with icing flowers that looked real and real purple heather.
10. Where was your wedding? St. John Cantius Church, Chicago, IL
11. What did you serve for your meal? Our reception was at the Ukrainian Cultural Center in Chicago, so it was all home made Ukrainian food.
12. How many people were in your wedding party? 6: 3 bridesmaids, 3 groomsman
13. Are you still friends with them all? no, but most of them.
14.Did your spouse cry during the ceremony? Yes, because his friends were
singing the Mass (William Byrd Mass for 3 voices) and it was beautiful.
15. Most special moment of your wedding day? Having a spontaneous after -reception party at the 95th in the Hancock building.
16.Any funny moments? While my dad shook my husband's hand after walking
my down the aisle, he squeezed it really hard, and said, "This is only
10% of what I can do. Be good to her."
17. Any big disasters? No
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Maui, Hawaii. Paradise. We came back with a souvenir we still have, our oldest son.
19. How long were you gone? 10 days
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? I would have a band instead of a D.J. and have a real dance, like swing or waltzing.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?: The left side. Wayyy on the edge if we end up with the usual 2 or 3 children in our bed before morning.
22. What size is your bed? king size
23. Greatest strength as a couple? We genuinly enjoy each other's company.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple? We both always think we are right.
25. Who literally pays the bills? That job bounces back and forth. Currently he does it.
26. What is your song? Don't have one.
27. What did you dance your first dance to? "Unforgetable" with Nat and Natalie Cole
28. Describe your wedding dress: A simple dress of white taffeta with a little beading on the bodice, slightly puffy sleeves that went to the elbow, and a long veil that extended past the train.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding? Roses, lilies, heather, stephanotis (?) and some other very colorful flowers.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No
31. How old were you when you got married? I was 26 and he was 25