Monday, August 20, 2007

This is interesting (probably only to me)

Click to view my Personality Profile page

take the test yourself!


"To understand Healers, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The Healer is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith..."
- The Portrait of a Healer Idealist (Keirsey)
One of my favorite books is "The Wounded Healer" by Henri Nouwen.

"INFPs are highly intuitive about people. They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things. Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system, and is evaluated to see if it has any potential to help the INFP define or refine their own path in life."
- Portrait of an INFP (The Personality Page)
This is very true for me, and can be exhausting. How I long just to rest in understanding and trust!

"creative, smart, idealist, loner, attracted to sad things, disorganized, avoidant, can be overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings..."
- INFP Jung Type Descriptions (similarminds.com)
Yes, yes, yes. I do frequently get overwhelmed by loneliness, feeling left out or excluded. My "radar" is always on, looking for someone's displeasure with me. Again, exhausting.

"An INFP's feelings form the foundations of the individual. They are sacred and binding, in the sense that their emergence requires no further justification. An INFP's feelings are often guarded, kept safe from attack and ridicule. Only a few, close confidants are permitted entrance into this domain."
- INFP Profile (INFP Mailing List)
That guarded thing really can get in the way of forming deep, real relationships. I am trying to not do that so much, but it is amazing how after a little while of not guarding myself, I'll clam up tight in a hurry and have even more work to do to open up again. Exhausting.

"Highly creative, artistic and spiritual, they can produce wonderful works of art, music and literature. INFPs are natural artists. They will find great satisfaction if they encourage and develop their artistic abilities. That doesn't mean that an INFP has to be a famous writer or painter in order to be content. Simply the act of "creating" will be a fulfilling source of renewal and refreshment to the INFP. An INFP should allow himself or herself some artistic outlet, because it will add enrichment and positive energy to their life."
- INFP Personal Growth (The Personality Page)
Creepy, really, how true this is. Icon writing really fills this for me. i have done lots of other artistic endeavors, also, but rarely show anyone. It is too risky to show that much of my insides!


"INFPs never seem to lose their sense of wonder. One might say they see life through rose-colored glasses. It's as though they live at the edge of a looking-glassworld where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualities."
- INFP Profile (TypeLogic)
So this is why I get so sad when the old farm houses and trees get torn down for another strip mall. It feels very personal to me.


"Their job must be fun, although not racous, and it must be meaningful to them. They need a strong purpose in their work. They want to be recognized and valued, without undue attention given to them. They may become embarrassed when make the center of attention. As a result, they may undersell their strengths in order to avoid being singled out and made to feel conspicuous. They would rather have their worth be noticed gradually over time."
- INFP - The Dreamer (Lifexplore)
One of the jobs compatible with this personality type is a Physical Therapist, which is what I did. I always felt God called me to the profession, and isn't that just perfect, being that He made me and knows me?

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I find it fascinating too, maybe because I usually test as an INFP too! :) Think I'll pop over and take the test...

August 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds spot on... Especially the personal growth part! ;o)

I'm almost afraid to take this test.

August 22, 2007  
Blogger Mimi said...

I love your interspersed comments!

August 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home