Thursday, October 25, 2007

Gratitude

I read a beautiful post at Et Tu? today. And boy did I need it. Here is a part, the prayer of an exhausted mother, that made me realized I need to be more grateful.

Hi, God, it's me. I want to go back to sleep. I hate this. On a logical level, however, I am aware that I have a really good life and have much to be joyful about. I'm just NOT FEELING IT right now. But I apologize for being ungrateful. Please help me see how utterly ridiculous it is for someone with my life to be upset about something as trivial as missing sleep. Amen.


I am still unable, for what ever reason, to put into words the jumble that is my soul right now, but I am GRATEFUL to be reading the posts of other fellow travelers that are encouraging, soothing, clarifying and loving.

As always, I'll pray for you if you pray for me.

Blessings!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ebeth said...

Hey, Mary Poppins Not!! Jennifer over at Et Tu is a sweet, sweet mom and I love reading her blog as well. Don't worry about being "ungrateful" don't we all fee that way sometimes? Hugs to you and your family right now.

Ebeth
Climbing for moms grateful and ungrateful!

October 25, 2007  
Blogger Mimi said...

Of course, my friend! Be assured of my prayers.

October 25, 2007  
Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

I adore you MPN and I've never even met you and of course I will pray for you.

I wish I could consult you over coffee about marriage. I know you know what of you speak.

I need to write down at least 5 things everyday that I am grateful for but of course I'm too ADD to carry it out on a consistent basis! LOL

October 26, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer @ Conversion Diary said...

Thank you so much for the link and the kind words!

November 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home