Friday, October 26, 2007

From the Archives




I was browsing through my own archives this morning (isn't that the most self-centered thing you have heard today?) and came across this one that really made me smile.

Although my children are all 3 years older than this now, they are as young as they will ever be, and the encouragement to soak them in gives me great joy.

We have a PACKED weekend coming up. Youth group/akathist tonight, followed by a date with my hubby to go see "Bella", tomorrow a HUGE pro-life rally (titled "We're Here for LIFE") and then a spaghetti supper at church. Sunday is always a full church day with Divine Liturgy followed by our weekly parish lunch.

I wish you all a peaceful weekend, full of life and love.

So now, here is the archived post I referred to earlier. Enjoy!

"Cooking and cleaning can wait till tomorrow, for
Babies grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So go away cobwebs! Dust, Go to sleep!
I'm nursing my baby, and babies don't keep."


Or something like that. My mom had a framed needlework picture of this quote when I was little. Now I understand it, and that is what I did today. I held her, kissed under her moist neck, blew raspberries on her tummy, kissed her toes, and looked at all the flecks of color in her oh-so-blue eyes. She'll be 8 months old in a week. How is that possible? She is about to crawl, so before she is quite a lot less interested in snuggling with me, I took at least an hour of pure baby joy. Then I had a tea party with my next 3 youngest, and read them a story, one of my personal favorites, Roxaboxen. I had gotten one of those, "What am I supposed to do with this?" type gifts, a tea pot, two cups, two spoons, a box of tea and shortbread. All really too small to be practical, but very cute. So, today, I said to the littlies, "How 'bout a tea party with my present?" My 4 yo dd got wide eyed, "Really, today, really??" Ususally during school, I try to keep them busy and quiet. Today I sat with them and read and sipped tea, and ate a shortbread biscut. For the first time in a long time, I haven't wondered where the day went. I know where it went, straight to my heart.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Not selfish at all, and beautiful!

October 26, 2007  
Blogger Daisy said...

Yummy! :o)

October 27, 2007  
Blogger ukok said...

Beautiful archived post, my friend, thanks so much for posting it.

Have a wondeful time with all the things you are involved in this weekend :-)

October 27, 2007  
Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

You are blessed amongst women indeed!

November 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home