Sunday, October 07, 2007

Thank God for a king size bed!

I can not believe how hot it is here. In the upper80's, and humid. It's barely cooling down to the 70's at night. This is not typical October weather. I usually have my yard all cleaned up by now, my garden beat back into submission, flower beds cleaned up, and pumpkins and mums galore, but I can not face working out there in this heat. It'll have to wait.

Sleeping when it is this warm has not been very comfortable, and last night was a little less comfortable because we ended up with our two youngest kids in our bed. The 5 year old boy cam in because he was having trouble getting comfortable.

"I am 3 kinds of uncomfortable", he said. He was hot, thirsty, and tired. So my husband got him a drink, and he climbed in between us and said that now he was much more comfortable, and he was asleep almost instantly.

Then, a short time later the three year old girl came in. I heard her running down the hall, and remember thinking that 3 year old's run everywhere, even in the middle of the night.

"I had a bad dream and I want to sleep with you!", she said.

I tried to convince her to go climb in with her older sister, the one she shares a room with. As she was climbing into my bed, she said,

"But my bad dream is still in my room!"

Well, that made perfect sense to me, so in she climbed. I slept the rest of the night knowing that my little ones weren't going to be little much longer, and grateful for the opportunity to offer comfort so simply. I had little arms and legs flung over me, had a close up view of their sleeping faces and little hands, with slightly curled fingers and a little bit of chub left in them.

But, I am typing this way earlier in the morning than I am usually even out of bed, because my bed completely ran out of room for me. And I really don't mind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Simple Faith and Life said...

Oh, that's so sweet. You have a way of bringing your home right home to us.

And you're so right. Hold them close before they go out into the world and you can only hold them with prayer and faith. They're just as sweet then and God takes continues to take care of them, but you are so right to cherish these precious moments.

October 07, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer in TX said...

I wanted to tell you how much I love your blog and your insights into family life. As a mom who sleeps with 3 other kiddos in her king size bed, I applaud you and understand completely why you ran out of bed and are up earlier than usual! :)
God bless you!

October 07, 2007  
Blogger Ginger said...

"Three kinds of uncomfortable." That's so cute!

Hope you can get a nap today!

October 07, 2007  
Blogger Daisy said...

Those days pass by too quickly don't they? The only time Sunshine wants to share a bed is if it's storming. As soon as the storm passes, she goes back to her own! LOL

October 08, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home