Friday, May 09, 2008

Broken transformation

Every evening, I make it a point to be in my icon studio to catch the light show provided by the setting sun and a prism that hangs in my window. It lifts my spirits immeasurably to see the pure light broken, yet beautiful. I think of Psalm 50, "a crushed and humbled heart You will not spurn", and visualize my heart, broken, yet hopefully like the light that is broken, becoming a breathtaking spectrum of light. I pray that my heart will become something beautiful for God, even in its brokenness.

A view of part of my icon wall with the evening light show

A view of the wall to the right of the icon wall

The spectrum up close

The method by which the light is being broken and transformed (with wind chimes hanging outside, directly behind).

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

How very beautiful,and what a lovely metaphor. Broken and beautiful. Love it.

May 10, 2008  
Blogger Unknown said...

That IS an amazing metaphor, Renee. You truly are blessed with the ability to not only appreciate the beauty and value of everyday experiences, but to also recognize their potential for spiritual lessons.

I always look forward to your profound insights. Maybe it's the artist in you, who can take ordinary tools -- blank canvas, paints, etc. -- and visualize then transform them into an inspired creation!

Happy Mother's Day! I enjoyed our short chat a couple weeks ago. Sorry we got cut off! Hope you enjoy your girly time today! :) Our plans unfortunately fell through, but we hope to try again sometime soon!

May 11, 2008  
Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

Magic, pure magic!

May 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home