Thursday, October 16, 2008

Clothing ritual


Well, today, after spending way too long in my bathrobe due to "nothing to wear", I went up to the attic and pulled down the maternity bin.

Already.

Fortunately, I found a few "middle of pregnancy" outfits. A few of the clothes in the bin look impossible large, and I did get a bit of a shiver contemplating the day that they fit. Eeps. So, now I pack all my jeans, skirts with waists, and non-nursing able dresses away in the empty maternity bin, put them up in the attic, and await the day I get to open it and see what, if anything, fits. I like to think that day could be like Christmas, opening the box of beloved clothes that I can button or tie. Or, it could be a depressing day, when I see the futility of even trying the zipper. Oh well, that is for a different, far away day, and until then I'll enjoy the elastic bounty I just un-earthed, and get dressed.

Blessings!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back....don't worry ,you will loose the weight again.....

October 16, 2008  
Blogger Mimi said...

That mid-pregnancy is hard to find clothes for.

October 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think all my regular clothes *are* mid- pregnancy clothes!;)

October 17, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still wear elastic bounty. Snort.

October 18, 2008  
Blogger rita said...

as one who is enjoying the elastic bounty ... and that second piece of chocolate cake... I hear ya.

October 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home