Friday, February 06, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday




It is Friday again! More at Conversion Diary.

Quick takes again! Here goes:

--1--

Some lovely ladies at church threw a surprise baby shower for me last Saturday. What fun, and what a dose of reality. It is right around the corner, isn't it? I received many needed items, as I had gotten rid of most of my baby things. I even got a home made Mai Tai baby carrier, which I have never used but seen and wanted.

--2--

I want to attack my bedroom so badly. It would take days to get it right, but I am going to spend today on it, and see what kind of difference I can make. I need to PURGE!

--3--

My older two girls are going to see Coraline today. They are so excited and because they have to finish their work before they can go, the house is almost clean already. They are both Tim Burton fans. Where did I go wrong?

--4--

I have multiple bunches of daffodils blooming in vases in various rooms of my house. Totally cheerful. I am going to get more this weekend, because these are starting to fade (after a week).


--5--


I heard a robin calling outside this morning. The first one so far. He is probably a scout, so within the week, we should be seeing robins. Hope for spring!

--6--



During Liturgy, I get chills every time we are at the Consecration, "This is my body". I feel so connected to Christ right now, having my body being given to assist in creation. Birth is coming, the sacrifice that will be given to bring my baby into new life. I know how much I love my new baby, and therefore can rest so completely in the love that Christ has for me, given His sacrifice of love to bring ME to new life. It is all so amazingly, mystically beautiful!

--7--



I began reading St. Faustina's Diary this week. The book was a gift from a friend, and we will share reflections and thoughts as we go through it. I have to admit, this kind of thing is a bit outside of my comfort zone, but I am going to give it a go and see what kind of fruit is born.

There we go. Short and sweet, to match my very short attention span these days. I have loved being pregnant, as I have written many times, but I will be glad to have my brain back when this is over. I have missed it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Renee,

What a profound way of looking at pregnancy and labor & delivery! I think by the end of pregnancy, most women are just tired and ready to be done. I wish I could've looked upon it with that perspective! I guess it will be something to which I'll aspire next time around...

February 06, 2009  
Blogger Mimi said...

Oh my goodness, I agree the way you tie your pregnancy with Communion is amazing.

And, my kids want to see the newest Tim Burton too. I don't think we've gone wrong at all.

February 06, 2009  
Blogger Renee said...

No, I was just kidding about Tim Burton. He's very clever!

February 06, 2009  
Blogger ukok said...

How lovely, about the surprise baby shower!

February 06, 2009  
Blogger Burb Bunny said...

I only have one kid. My brain NEVER came back. BWAHAHA.

February 08, 2009  
Blogger the mother of this lot said...

Oh, I'm so glad I've found you again...and a baby on the way too! How lovely!

February 09, 2009  
Blogger Mairin :o) said...

Congratulations on the baby! I'm so happy for you. I haven't visited in a while.

February 10, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home