Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A blessing this morning



Good Morning! I woke up this morning to beauty. First, I found my littlest (born) child snuggled up next to me, sweetly sleeping (my littlest (unborn) child is ALWAYS snuggled up to me, eh?) The sun was streaming into my window, and fresh layer of powdery snow was glistening on all the trees. I carefully got out of bed, so as not to wake my little one, and went down to the kitchen, to find my 12 year old daughter in the kitchen, making breakfast. She was humming, her hair still up in the pony tail she puts it in at night, the sunlight reflecting off the sparkly snow. Everyone else still in bed, but quietly rustling and stretching, preparing to rise and shine for our day. I now am sitting here, feeling my wee one wiggle around inside me, my next child still snuggled in my bed, my coffee brewing and sharing its aroma, my youngest boy sleepily saying, "Morning mommy" as he goes to see what smells so good in the kitchen. I look outside, and am so thankful for the beauty of this season, cold though it is.


Being content is a gift. Lord knows I can not make myself content, although I do spend much time trying. I thank God this morning that He allowed me, in His wisdom, to begin my day with a deep, cozy contentment; He just GAVE it to me today.

I am now off to have my coffee, my whole grain waffles with pure maple syrup, and turkey sausage. Yum! May your day be full of the gift of contentment!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Beautiful! I love those moments with a little one cuddled up next to me, they are long gone, sadly.

January 28, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I borrow your 12 year old? :o)

January 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home