Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And the saga continues...

So, here I am, waiting for the nesting to come back. So far I have managed to empty a few closets and bookshelves, and have stacks of things on my bedroom floor. And then the energy left. And the piles are still there, taunting me, mocking me, daring me to complete the purging process and actually take them to the car, then to Goodwill. And all I want to do is go to bed and read or watch T.V.

And my eldest daughter is sick again, this time stomach flu or food poisoning, we'll know by tomorrow if it is making the rounds or stops with her. And my son got whacked in the mouth by his brother's knee, and has a loose permanent tooth. And 3rd daughter has a toothache in a baby tooth that isn't even loose yet, so it won't probably fall out before it needs a filling. And my fingers and ankles are puffy and irritating, and in an effort to reduce the swelling, I am drinking lots of water, therefore spending great amounts of time in the bathroom. I successfully unclogged a stuck toilet, cleaned up the mess, scrubbed the toilette, and now, want to go to bed. And the piles mock me.

BUT, I am still listening to R.E.M., the kids HAVE done the required school work today, except the sick one, which is okay. And I have done a few loads of laundry. Now, I need a kick in the kiester to get these PILES out of my room. And it is cloudy, hazy, sleepy outside today. I'll have to turn on every light in the house to get me moving, I think.

Toodles.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you don't have to get it all done today, do you? at least you don't have other little ones to mess up your piles. i say just close the door and begin anew tomorrow!

it sounds to me that you've already done lots today and that you've got other kiddos to worry about. and pay no attention to those piles, no matter how much they mock you. you need your rest!

February 18, 2009  
Blogger the mother of this lot said...

I feel like that most of the time - and I don't have pregnancy as an excuse!

Just do things little by little - it will all get done in the end!

Hope you feel better tomorrow!

February 18, 2009  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

Food poisoning or stomach flu. Two lovely choices. I hope she's feeling better either way. :o)

Turn off the lights and go to bed. You deserve a rest after making all those piles.

February 19, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget that you are about to do a marathon and need all the rest you can get! Don't overdo!!

February 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home