Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Good Stuff

I have been whining quite a bit lately about things like not being able to breathe, not being able to sleep, not being able to pick things up off the floor and things like that. So today I thought I would like some awesome things that have happened around crazyacres lately. At least awesome to me:

My eight year old daughter has made a commitment, for only $1 a week, to make my bed every day. She has been diligent, and I have had a nice looking bed. Totally worth a dollar.

A neighbor girl offered to baby sit for me on the one evening a week my older girls have choir. Now I don't have to get everyone fed and in the car by 5:45, then entertain them, then get home at 9:15, then feed them again, then finally get them to bed by 10:00.

My husband helped me disassemble my icon studio this week, and then reassemble a nursery. It is very cute. My icon things are now in the basement where I actually hold my icon workshops, so I still have access to those things. My eldest daughter is going to do the last thing we need, and that is painting a terrific thrift store find bookcase. It is brown, and will be white.

I love, love, love the name we chose for the baby. I met a new saint in the process (the one we are naming her after, although really not new, as she lived in the 400's).

I purged painlessly in my room. All sorts of stuff I was collecting to define my space, make it a reflection of me, and now, I don't need stuff to reflect me. Progress, in my mind.

I got some R.E.M. songs on my iPod, and realized how much I still like that music, even after all these years.

So far, the thought of going through labor and delivery isn't terrifying yet. I have been re-reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth, and feel a sense of anticipation to be able to partake in that powerful process once again. Realistically, I expect to get a few butterflies when the first "real" contraction hits (or "rush" as Ina May calls it).

I had a delightful dinner this weekend with my husband and a couple that we have been friends with for 16 years. We have been through so much together, and yet now rarely have time to see each other. The four of us talked like it was a speed race, and got much accomplished. I want to do it again!

I have purged many, many books. What a relief. So many I probably would never read, and now I don't have to. So many duplicates I didn't even know I had.

I have some truly dear friends that have kept my spirits high and my energy up during this pregnancy. It has been so much fun being able to share this time with them~

I have mostly finished my Visitation icon. I love it. I will have it in the nursery after I do finish it this week.

I can feel spring coming. I the sense of anticipation for warmth, my flowers, dirt, the return of all my birds, the aroma of new life. I can barely stand it! True, tangible, through and though HOPE!

Lent will be different for me this year, but I anticipate the paring down with great joy. I will pare down the extraneous things in my life, and leave room to be filled with the Eternal. Starting with a new baby. Again, true, tangible, through and through HOPE!

I went to Trader Joe's this week and got some delicious coffee, dark chocolate covered mixed nuts, and English Cheddar with Caramelized Onion. The nuts are spectacular, the mix of salt and chocolate is amazing. The cheese I am saving for Sunday, Cheesefare Sunday, and I am drinking the coffee right now. YUM!

That's it for now, although if I sat here longer, I am certain I could think of more. But, if I sat here longer, my day would get uncomfortably behind, so I am off to get the kids started on school.

Have a blessed day!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you're still not going to tell us the name, huh? Well, it's a good lesson in patience, I guess.

February 17, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dw, I have been telling people...was I not supposed to?--dh

February 17, 2009  
Blogger Renee said...

You can tell whomever you please, dh. I am just waiting to put in on the Internet. Thanks for visiting, by the way!!

February 17, 2009  
Blogger ukok said...

Wonderful post, very good reflection on how things are for you now and the moving forward and letting certain things go. I have to speed read your posts these days for 'signs of labour'!

February 17, 2009  
Blogger Mimi said...

This is so lovely, good things abound.

I'm totally jealous I don't live close enough for your Dh to tell me the name.

February 17, 2009  
Blogger Unknown said...

i'm so glad you're getting the help you need, especially with the neighbor girl! what an awful schedule for those choir nights!

i love getting together with old friends! i wish ours lived closer b/c it would be nice to have more young, Catholic moms/families to hang out with.

can't wait to see your finished icon!

i think i tried that cheese one time we were over at your house. it is really good!

i'm excited that you're excited about the name you picked. that will be enough to hold me over 'til she arrives! :)

February 18, 2009  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

I'm coming over for some of that cheese! MMM

February 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home