Monday, March 30, 2009


Very busy weekend. Phew! We had the dual birthday girls (they share a birthday 4 years apart. Now they are 13 and 9) celebration. This year due to the proximity to the baby's birth, it was low key, dinner out with my dh and and the two birthday girls. My 13 year old daughter made their own birthday cake, which I was grateful for.

We had a few more "meet the baby" visitors.

We had a healing service at church, which was one of my first visits there since Melanie was born. I have mentioned before how beneficial anointings are for me, and I received one yesterday with great joy and appreciation.

Now my schedule is gearing back up to its normal pace this week, so we will see how it goes. This week we have doctor appointments, choir, Holy Week preparations and gearing up for our annual Pachal Party.

Baby is nearly two weeks old already, and I can see the writing on the wall about how quickly her babyness is going to go. I am making certain to take time to soak her in, enjoy her littleness, and revel in the miracle that she is. We are truly blessed!
(photo of three of her older sibling meeting Melanie for the first time).

4 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Happy Birthday to your kids! Sigh. I can't get enough of those baby photos.

March 30, 2009  
Blogger the mother of this lot said...

'...soak her in, enjoy her littleness and revel in the miracle that she is...'

Absolutely THE best thing to do, in my opinion!

March 30, 2009  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

Enjoy every drop! :o)

March 30, 2009  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

Even more baby photos of Melanie would be lovely !
Hint hint :-)

April 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home