Friday, August 07, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday


1) Still alive over here. I had a KICKIN' Birthday party for myself. I'll post photos later.

2) Baby is so sweet. I am enjoying every moment with her, but let my camera battery die, and missed her fourth month almost entirely, photographically speaking, that it. I soaked it up in real life. Camera is back working, so I'll get some baby pictures up before she turns 5 months old (ONLY 10 DAYS AWAY). How could it possibly be that she's almost 5 months old? But I have loved every day!

3) School planning is coming right along. Panic has abated somewhat, and what doesn't go away, a glass of wine knocks right out. Isn't that the proper use of wine???

4) My husband has a new job, of sorts. One that keeps him in the same state. Now that is it over, I can say that he's been working out of state for the last year and a half. Much ruminating to follow about that, when I have the time. Warning: I am having Jane Austin type thoughts. Might be mushy.

5) I had to clean out baby's dresser, and empty out all the newborn and 0-3 month clothes. Sniff. Bawl. I am saving them in case a friend of mine from church has a girl baby this fall. The gowns, onsies and sleepers will work well, as I used them for the early spring. The first of many heart aching transitions with this baby, to be certain!

6) I am totally getting into cooking again. I am enjoying planning and making meals. I pretty much lost interest in all that while I was pregnant, and while baby was small, so I am happy to be "back" in that way.

7) It was just a year ago, right before my birthday, that I found out I was pregnant. What an awesome and memorable year this has been!

Check out Jen for more!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Whoooot! Congratulations to your Dh! That must be a fantastic relief to you and yours.

And, Happy happy birthday! Many Years.

August 07, 2009  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I'm glad all is well with all of you.
Fantastic news about DH's job, and Many Years to the birthday girl :-)

August 08, 2009  
Blogger Tami said...

Congratulations on your baby. Isn't it weird how already you feel the twinges of losing her as she grows? Baby steps. . .you'll have so much joy. Look forward to each new phase with her.

And belated Happy Birthday!

August 08, 2009  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

Happy birthday wishes and SQUISHES! :o)

August 09, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Congrats to DH on his new job! Glad things seem to be going so well. Enjoy that little one!

Barb

August 10, 2009  
Blogger Cathy Adamkiewicz said...

Hey there! Thanks for visiting me and leaving such a sweet comment. Always nice to know my little girl is being remembered!
Enjoy your little dolly! And a belated happy birthday!

August 17, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home