Thursday, May 27, 2010

Progress... or how to clean your desk in 4 or 5 hours.

Step 1 of cleaning my desk: Make my bed. Check.

Step 2: Fold Laundry.

Step 3: Make Lunch for the smallest 4 kids.

Step 4: Throw away all garbage off the desk.

Step 5: Take all dirty dishes from desk to the kitchen.

Step 6: Clean kitchen.

Step 7: Download CD's found on desk to iTunes.

Step 8: Find the free tunes of the week on iTunes.

Step 9: Decide to empty the trash cans in bedroom, bathroom, nursery, as they are overflowing during desk cleaning.

Step 10: Retrieve trash cans from the curb. Clean them out.

Step 11: Nurse the baby.

Step 12: Check facebook. Exhort fellow mothers to virtue, and to have some whiskey.

Step 13: Read an article on LOST.

Step 14: Take a pile off of the desk to the classroom. Return promptly to the desk!

Step 15: Put away previously folded laundry.

Step 16: Wipe off desk.

Step 17: Take Photo.

Step 18: Post new photo.

My goal was to finish my desk before picking up my son from school. I leave in 1 minute. I live by the premise that a job will expand to fill the time allotted. And so it did.

But, victory, how ever drawn out, is mine!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Hope said...

Good for you!

May 27, 2010  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Nice! I wonder if that would work for me :)

May 27, 2010  
Blogger Jennifer in TX said...

Hurrah!! Good job!

May 27, 2010  
Blogger Kate said...

I love it! This post made me laugh so hard, especially since so many of my projects start with 'make my bed' or 'do the dishes', with a break for 'take out the trash' in there somewhere. These things never seem to bother me as much as when I have something else I'm supposed to be doing.

May 28, 2010  
Blogger Melanie Bettinelli said...

Maybe that's what I need to do to get everything else done round here... try to start a cleaning project. I'm so impressed with your list of everything you did including the desk. My list would have stopped at nurse the baby and check Facebook.

May 28, 2010  
Anonymous Aileen said...

Looks great! It really is amazing how long it can take a mom to do one specific chore. Mark asked me what I did yesterday, and all I could come up with was "vacuum." I'm proud to have gotten *that* much done! :)

May 28, 2010  
Anonymous heidi said...

You crack me up, Renee!! I'm hoping to actually blog this summer when I will have big kids to watch the little ones. That's my goal. Oh, and to clean my closet! LOL

May 30, 2010  
Blogger Michelle said...

Love it. Good job.

I need to clean off my desk today too. I'm having my coffee first, of course. And reading Bloglines while I drink, of course. All necessary preparatory work, of course.

May 31, 2010  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

HOORAY! :o)

June 23, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home