Friday, December 23, 2011

7 Quick Takes Friday

The Tree has been Chosen!

Christmas prep has been relaxed, calm, fun, on pace. This has not been my experience ever as a mom, so I can not explain it. Just a Gift, I guess.
After the tree was up, Theo in his Bumbo, with Melanie

I feel (finally) my strength coming back after Theo's birth. He is four months old, but now I can have a busy, active day without major exhaustion and lots of back pain. I can also get up off the floor without pushing on something and making lot o' noise. Huzzah!

(With his older sister on his 4 monthaversary)

Melanie has been the sweetest. Her use of language is increasing so rapidly, but there are somethings she pronounces incorrectly that I love. "I wuv my baby brudda", "Otay" "Pismass Tree" "Nit" for Nick, "dould" instead of could. SO cute, and it is going away slowly but surely, so I want to document a bit before she speaks correctly.

My seven year old has recently discovered card games. It is so much fun to see her just breaking into the "big kid " world, and loving it so much.

I have almost finished my Nativity Icon, and will have it blessed on the altar on Christmas. It has been such a pleasure working on this icon during Advent.

The faces of the icon in progress
Now I just have to add the halo rings and and lettering, and this is finished!

I am now old. This year we have had a balmy December, no snow or threat of it so far, and I am delighted. I remember when I was young I thought people who were happy about no snow were old and sad. Now I think differently.

It was just a year ago, tomorrow, I found out that Theo was on his way. I kept it a secret for a week, so last Christmas I was "pondering in my heart" what was happening. This year, we have a 4 month old love and I can not imagine our family with out him!
(iPhone photos, so sorry for the grainy pics, but better than nothing, right?)

More Quick Takes over at Conversion Diary!

Merry Christmas!


Blogger priest's wife said...

Merry Christmas!

What beautiful babies (Melanie plus baby boy) and I am impressed you took the time to write an icon- you are a super woman!

December 23, 2011  
Blogger Athanasius contra mundum said...

I like the icon. I wish I was blessed with that much artistic ability.

December 23, 2011  
Blogger Melanie B said...

Merry Christmas!

You children are so beautiful. Theo has such a sweet serious demeanor in those photos.

The icon is beautiful too. I can't wait to see it when finished.

December 23, 2011  
Blogger Michelle said...

I am old, too, and not missing cold weather and wet snow clothes.

Merry Christmas!

December 24, 2011  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

Merry Christmas! ♥

Thank you for sharing your family with us! They are precious. HUGS.

December 24, 2011  
Blogger Anna B. said...

Merry Christmas!

What a beautiful icon.

December 24, 2011  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home