Quick Takes, Baby Edition!!
I'll do Quick Takes a day late. As a mom of a week old baby, I feel I shall be excused.
1. What a week. Such anticipation, followed by excitement, followed by pain, exhilaration, euphoria, fatigue, fear, sweetness, disbelief, lots of gazing and more disbelief. The abundance of it all makes it challenging to wrap my mind around, really.
2. So my mom took my youngest 5 children for the week. The quiet around here was eerie. Then it was pleasant and peaceful, then it was sad. But they are all home now, and things are hopping once again.
3. I still can't believe how perfect the birth was. I will write the entire thing down as its own post, but really, picture perfect.
4. So I am really getting used to the baby's name. Lots of times after a baby is born it takes me a while to associate the name with the baby. But Theo is perfect for this baby, fits, and is easy to use. Some of the other kids call him Teddy, which is fine. We'll see what sticks, and maybe both will do.
5. I can't believe I haven't gotten photos up yet. Sorry. I have one, it isn't his best, but I will follow with more shortly.
6. Nursing is going great better than with Melanie. I am crossing my fingers that it keeps going that way!
7. I got to sleep in bed, laying down, for the first time last night since he's been born. The rest of the week I was in the recliner. It felt amazing to lay on my stomach. Oh. My. Goodness. So good.
More baby stuff to come, including more photos. It is difficult to do these things one handed.