Friday, August 05, 2011

Quick Takes

I'll give the good old quick takes a go today.

1. I am 39 weeks pregnant now.

2. I am 39 weeks pregnant now.

3. I am 39 weeks pregnant now.

4. Just a little glimpse of the inner workings of my brain at this point. I am trying to let other thoughts in every so often, but I am not very successful.

5. I bought the DVD of Princess Bride. I watched it while I couldn't sleep last night and didn't have the "39 weeks pregnant" tape running through my head for an entire 90+ minutes. Sweet. Watching that movie is like putting on comfy jammies and drinking hot cocoa, under a warm blankie with a fluffy pillow. And I simply love Mandy Patinkin. You ever heard him sing???? Amazing.

6. My kids start school in two weeks. And then we are in full fledged sports, choir, school and crazy mode. Did I mention I was 39 weeks pregnant?

7. Got a pedicure and hair cut. Looking good from my head to my toes! With this in the middle:



And there we are. 7 Quick Takes. Check out more at Conversion Diary.

7 Comments:

Anonymous linda said...

I love love love, Princess Bride. I'm in a middle of a move and the DVDs are packed up. Otherwise, I'd totally pop it in this weekend.

Oh my gosh! 39 WEEKS. EEK.

August 05, 2011  
Blogger Mimi said...

39 weeks already, grin!
You look fabulous.

That is a "comfort food" movie, I agree.

August 05, 2011  
Blogger Maria (also Bia) said...

You are 39 weeks with a wonderful sense of humor!

And yes, fall is around the corner with all the craziness that comes with it.

August 05, 2011  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

Is baby here yet?
Is baby here yet?
Is baby here yet?

Waiting...

August 06, 2011  
Blogger Michelle said...

A nurse introduced himself to me on Saturday as I had a procedure done. He stepped away to get some paperwork, and I turned to my husband, "What did he say his name was? I swear he said Inigo Montoya. I was afraid he was going to say, 'Prepare to die!'"

Loaned that movie to a friend a few months ago. She wasn't impressed. Our relationship is strained.

August 08, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that movie! You look great! Can't wait to hear the good news that the little guy is here! I finished my icon, all except the varnish. I'll bring it next time we get together to paint. I'm delaying the varnish because I'm having a hard time deciding it's really done. I keep wanting to tweak this or that.
Good luck - you're in my prayers!
Barb

August 08, 2011  
Blogger Rosemary said...

One of the last times I was extremely pregnant I watched Father of the Bride 2. For some reason, in the state I was in, I found it EXTREMELY funny. Laughed so hard I actually caused some spotting. Prayers coming your way.

August 11, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home