Thursday, May 19, 2005

Book Meme Answers, redo (something messed up in the comments)

Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Book Meme Answers

Total number of books I have owned: Too many to count. Shelves and shelves, cases and cases, and closets full.

Last book I bought
: (New) The Worn Out Woman: When Your Life is Full and Your Spirit is Empty, by Dr. Steve Stephens and Alice Gray. I have been too busy to read it yet. Sheesh, I am pathetic.
(Used) Magic School Bus Electric Field Trip. I scored, for $.88, I got the last book we need in that series (I think, except now that I say that I think we still need the one about Bees).

Last Book I read
: All the way? Good Night Moon. Does that count?

5 books that mean alot to me: 1) Good Night Moon. Seriously. I have been reading that one to my children for 12 years, and all 7 of them still love it. I will begin, "In the great green room..." and anyone in earshot comes wandering in, even the nearly 12 year old. It is such a soothing, beautiful book. I love it.
2) Fr. Elijah, by Michale O'Brien This is the only apocolypic novel I have ever read that I did not regret. It is beautiful, spiritually rich and hopeful. I have read it 3 or 4 times,and will read it again, I am sure.
3) Gift From the Sea, by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. I read this on vacation one fall, when I had only 3 children. I loved it. I read it again when I had 6 children. Loved it more. Will likely read it again this summer, and love it even more.
4) Pilgim at Tinker Creek, by Annie Dillard. I read this in college, and it inspired such awe at the lovliness in nature. The smallest detail in nature is done to such perfection. This book made me fine tune my observation skills to suck every bit of beauty from the world God made for us.
5) I cannot choose between My Antonia, O Pioneers, and Death Comes to the Archbishop, all by Willa Cather. I have read each of these books numerous times, and look forward to reading them again. I think my favorite is My Antonia, but I can not say that unequivically.

5 people to tag and have them do this on their blog: I have seen this all over the place, and can't really remember who has done it and who hasn't. Let's say I make this a volunteer meme, and you can leave a comment if you want to do it. Then I can check out your answers later.

Thanks for the tag Philothea Rose, Kate, and Alex.