Monday, May 23, 2005

Tag #1

Ayekah tagged me twice this weekend, which is good, because it keeps the brain from clogging up on all that laundry and stuff. So here is tag number one, which is listing 10 things I have never done.

1. I have never skied in the snow. I was a physical therapist, and saw toooooo many blown out kness. I'm more a of a sit-in-the-lodge-with-a-cute-sweater-and-sip-hot-cocoa-while-reading-a-great-book kind of person, anyway.

2. I have never been overseas, unless Hawaii counts. I have an opportunity to go to Germany this fall, but that would require leaving the 7 kiddos with someone, and I don't know if I can do that, but isn't it fun to think about??

3. I have never taken my car to an automatic carwash. I would rather drive a dirty car or wash it at home than try to figure out that humongous automated machine.

4. I have never taken all of my kids to the grocery store. I would rather go hungry until dh gets home. I never need anything that badly.

5. I have never been to the East Coast, unless Florida counts, which was when I was very young. See this for proof.

6. I have never been on a boat on the ocean. A cruise is my worst nightmare, like being in an airplane for a week. UHHGG!!! You can't just get off and go home.

7. I have never read To Kill A Mockingbird. It's on my list of things to do this year. So is loosing 25 pounds, so I'm not holding my breath.

8. I have never used cloth diapers on my children. I even bought them once, and had all the cute covers and everything, and never had the presence of mind or lull in the laundry to give it a go.

9. I have never used articficial contraception. Early in the marriage it was just assumed, as we were obedient Catholics, that we would not contracept. Now, although serious NFP can get a little tiresome, I would not allow such disrespectful corruption into my body.

10. I have never had pain medication during child birth, unless B&B counts. I am more frightened of the huge needle than the "clean" pain of labor.

And there you have it. I am suppossed to tag three people, so I will choose Veronica, Valerie at Barefoot and Pregnant, and Ginger. Tag, you're it!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Renee said...

I have been through a car wash, but I am not the one in charge of the vehicle. I actually think this is the results of a traumatic ride at Six Flags in Dallas when I was a wee one. Just a theory!

May 23, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the fun you missed by not using cloth diapers. Peeling off rubber pants and dragging them down and off of soaking wet diapers. Unlatching safety pins and standing over a screaming crying baby, while folding fresh diapers for the change.

For night-time comes double diapers. Diapers so big and bulky the kid waddles like a duck after being diaper changed for bed. Rubber pants so poofy they look as though someone has blown them up like a balloon.

In the morning the sharp ammonia odour of urine escaping out of the rubber pants, burning at your nose and eyes, as you try oh so desperately to unlatch the pins on the soggy diapers while squinting and wrinkling up your nose.

Ah ha, good old cloth diapers. Been there done that.

December 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home