Monday, July 18, 2005

Nightstand meme

Akeya tagged me to list what is on my night stand. Keep in mind this is a 16" x 16" table.
1. A lamp
2. A thermometer
3. A calander
4. A trivet (pretty hand made clay and glazed do-dad) for my morning coffee
5. A bible
6. Theology of the Body for Beginners
by Christopher West
7. My personal journal
8. 2 pens
9. A letter to me from my husband
10. A few banking receipts
11. My Mother's Journal
12. A Midwest Landscaping book
13. An empty Reeses peanutbutter cup wrapper
14. A button in a little plastic bag that came with some article of clothing
15. A matchbook
16. A book light
17. A laminated prayer card (Prayer typed out below)
18. On the bottom shelf, all my back issues of Caelum et Terra magazine
19. Also on the bottom shelf, a notebook and another pen.

There. I also have a night stand on the other side of the bed, but that only has a phone and a short story by Leo Tolstoy, and 5 magazines I have yet to read.

Prayer card contents
"O gracious Master, infuse in our hearts the spotless light of Your divine wisdom and open the eyes of our mind that we may understand the teachings of Your Gospel. Instill in us also the fear of Your blessed commandments, so that, having curbed all canal desire, we may leand a spiritual life, both thinking and doing everything to please You.

For You, O Christ, our God, are the enlightenment of our souls and bodies; and to You we render glory, together with Your eternal Father, and with Your all holy, good and life creating Spirit, now and ever, and forever. Amen.


I don't know who hasn't done this yet, as I am usually on the 3rd or 4th rung of these memes. Any one interested?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home