Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Shamelessly lifted

In all my free time, with dh out of town, I have spent the evenings perusing other bloggers blog rolls. I mean, you can only check you own list so many times a day without some embarrassment. Yes, I should have been doing other things, but the indulgence I gave myself being a single parent for over a week, is that once the kids are in bed, the time is mine, so I commanded myself to feel no guilt at not "doing" anything productive.

Anyway, I came across this blog, and was instantly attracted to the name. The first post I read lifted my spirits so completely that I decided to do the same thing here. Ready?

Tell me your favorite things
- it doesn't matter favorite what, just favorites. I'll start.

(Warning
- if I don't get an adequate number of replies, I will start tagging people. You have been warned.)

My favorite store : Trader Joe's, hands down (Love the shaving lotion).
My favorite scent: lavendar, clean, and grapefruit
My favorite drink: Corona with lime, or Guiness, depending on the weather
Favorite hot drink: coffee, 8 o'clock is my favorite brand. This suprised me, since I have tried every exotic brand known to man, and still like 8 o'clock best.
I love the scent of soap. I have so many kinds of soap, I am never at a loss for a good smelling shower.
Favorite kind of store, other than TJ's: Office supply stores. I have an addiction to graph paper and pens.
Favorite thing to do on a rainy day: I love the sound of "Snuggle into the couch with a cup of tea and a good book" This has actually only happened once in my life, but it sounds good, doesn't it??
Cookies: Chocolate chip, and oatmeal with cherries
Breakfast: Healthy version : steelcut oats with pecans, bluberries and cherries
Not healthy version: Biscuts and gravy
Music: Gospel bluegrass
Time of year: autumn
Favorite word: Whimsical

That's all for now. It makes me happy how many favorite things are in my life. God is Good!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mary Poppins,
You sound like you actually have it pretty much together! You know what you like, you know what you want, and jugglin' all your children at the same time! The family members in your life must be nice to have- you probably tell them everything, unless you only tell us on the blog-site. I have to warn you though, spending so much time on your blog might detract from your family connection, it seems to have happened to some people I know. They tend to divulge information about themselves and leave out the ones most important in life. Don't let that happen to you-

July 20, 2005  
Blogger rita said...

Love this post! I will try and work on some kind of favorites, too. I also enjoyed reading the blogger taht gave you the idea.

July 20, 2005  
Blogger Renee said...

Hey, anonymous,

I appreciate your comment and concern, but I can't help but wonder what led you to feel I am spending too much time on the blog site. By family connection, do you mean my immediate family, (dh, and kiddos) or extended family? Honestly, alot of what I post aren't things I take time to think about when I am not blogging, for instance, this post. In the middle of the busy day, I don't start thinking of my favorite things to cheer me up. I don't examine the contents of my night stand and see what this says about me, unless asked. So, I appreciate the blog because I take time to THINK about things important to me, and not just about getting the work done around the house. Oops, I am starting to sound defensive, and don't mean to be. BTW, I don't mind anonymous posts, but always love to see the names of my visitors, in case you come back, I'll recognize you!

July 20, 2005  
Blogger Kate said...

One of my favorite mom-blogs: crazyacres!
My favorite daily moment: going in to check on my baby after his afternoon nap and finding him cheerfully chomping on his feet and wiggling around.

Renee, I'm still waiting to see the rest of those kid-interviews!

July 20, 2005  
Blogger Renee said...

I haven't forgottent the kid interviews. I have started them a few times, but then before I can finish my computer turns off. So I think I will long hand the answers, then type them rather than have them dictate to me. By Sunday I should have the two older girls finished.

July 20, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh favorite things...
seeing a really good chick flick at the theater with a girlfriend (Vanity Fair, Phantom)
a good day's work, a shower, clean jammies, clean sheets, pen & notebook...aaahhh
flower gardens...and rain
favorite store is Marshall's for home stuff and the second-hand store for clothes
favorite scents are (blush) Mary Kate & Ashley One (I bought it for my 12yo dd and was always swiping it) and lotions with almond or cocoa butter
I could go on and on...but I don't think you wanted a list a mile long clogging up your comments! Still, it's a fun list to make...peanut butter chocolate chip bars, letters from grandma, the feel of holding a newborn baby...stopping now, I promise. Really.

July 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...the way a new baby's bum sticks up when he sleeps, and new baby stretches!...hmmm can you tell I'm a mom with no little babies in the house?

July 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home