Thursday, September 08, 2005

Death defying falls and rapid curves can be FUN!

Hello everyone, that is if anyone still visits me after a week off. I have been busily preparing for our school year to begin on Monday, and then had a few fun days off. Sunday we went to a terrific party at my brother and sister-in-law's farm. We spent the night there, with the kiddos and dad camping out, and the babies and I in the house. Today, we had our annual "Home School Day" at Six Flags. What fun! My mom watched the two little ones, and the rest of us, including dh, and my two brothers and their families all attended. I rode many, many roller coasters and whirly rides. I haven't ridden so much since I was a teen, because I usually have the babies with us. Today I was stroller and diaper bag free, and I took full advantage. I found that riding roller coasters has improved with age and experience. The more I relaxed and just let the coaster lead, the more fun I had. When tense, I experienced much more fear and physical discomfort. The kicker was one particular roller coaster that had us riding BACKWARDS. You could not see what was coming, and just before the plunge, a surge of excitement was the only clue of what was about to happen. This reminded me once again of my life. I never can see what is coming, but usually have a surge of excitement before some big turn of events is about to occur. If I relaxed, it was fun. If I was tense, it hurt. Once again, Dear Lord, help me remember this lesson. Amen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Yes, I was wondering about you, too. Glad to hear you've had a good start to you school year.

September 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home