Tuesday, August 23, 2005

But it's okay

Well, I just noticed I got removed from someone's blogroll. I really hadn't paid attention to that sort of thing before, and just stumbled upon it now. First, sinking feeling, why, what did I do, then saying, well, my blog is kind of boring. Well, at least I had a turn there, oh well. It's okay. Whew. Got through this with only mild self doubt. There was a day this would have caused me to shut the whole thing down. Guess I am making progress, after all. Funny thing, is there was a poll over at martha, martha while I was on vacation about just this sort of thing. I read it, smugly thought to myself, well, this hasn't happened as far as I know, and it probably wouldn't matter to me, anyway. Well, now I know. It does, a little, but it's okay.

4 Comments:

Blogger ukok said...

Last year, I was removed from a blogroll of a friend, and at first I felt a little miffed...I recall thinking that maybe my meagre little blog just wasn't good enough to be listed. After a while, I just realised that what I was annoyed about wasn't that he removed me (he was a friend from a couple of years dialoguing with online in forums ands suchlike), it was that he didn't mention it himself.

I'd prefer someone to say, 'look, just so you know, I'm moving in a different direction with the blog now, and I am going to be removing some of my links'.

I could live with that.

God Bless.

August 24, 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

I think I'm only blogrolled on one other blog. I, too, would feel the same. Isn't it funny how cyber feelings can get hurt just like with real contact with others?

August 24, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for you Renee. I take this sort of thing way too personally myself. I mean, I don't let it ruin my day, but it does hurt my feelings. It's sort of like high school revisited. The blogosphere is just like high school, no matter what anyone says. I think it causes those feelings we had "back then" to resurface. Precisely because we don't "see" the person face to face and we are left with our imaginations of what people think of us....which is exactly what we did in high school.
You're on my blogroll!

August 25, 2005  
Blogger Lori said...

Oops! I commented under the wrong post. Anyways, you're not boring. I find you interesting and I'm adding you to my blogroll. I'm new to this bloggin' thing.

August 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home