Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Cuteness, movies, advice and salutations


This photo has nothing to do with anything I will be writing about tonight. I just love it and wanted to share. I let my older kids use my camera, and they had the little ones dress up and then took some pictures. This is of my 5 year old daughter, taken by my 11 year old daughter.

I will be heading out of town tomorrow for an extended weekend with the ladies of my family. My mom, and 2 sisters-in-law will be staying in a cabin on a lake, just relaxing and getting a little respite from our usual routines. We do this every year, and this is the first time we are BFT (baby free traveling). All our babies are old enough to stay with their dads and siblings, so this really is a rare treat. One of my sister-in-laws is expecting her eighth baby, so next year there will be at least one baby with us.

I also wanted to mention that while my dh was out of town, I rented and enjoyed a slew of movies. First was "Red Hot Ballroom". This is a documentary about a program to teach 4th and 5th graders ballroom dancing, and the preparation for a competition. I would recommend it as enjoyable.

Next was "I am David". This is a story of a 12 year old boy who excapes from a Soviet concentration camp. It is a story of fear, anger, courage and trust. Highly recommended! It is said that Mel Gibson got many of his cast from this movie, and there is a particularly poignant moment that is reminiciant of "The Passion of the Christ." This is a delightful movie, appropriate for families (I would say 8 or 9 years old and up). A real delight.

Next was "Monsoon Wedding". This is a more mature movie, with adult themes and some language that is not appropriate for kids. This is a very colorful film, again with themes of hurt, anger, courage and trust. A feast for the eyes, as well as a glimpse into another culture and how it handles family life and celebrations. Again, highly recommended.

This weekend I will be watching "Babette's Feast" with the ladies. This is one of my all time favorite films, and I look forward to seeing it again. This film is very Eucharistic, as well as merciful, and full of Alleluia's (which means "praised be God"). If you are looking for a soothing, beautiful, meaningful movie, this is it!!

And finally, I was contacted by CBS Evening News about doing an interview about American Girl. Given that we went through this once to no avail, I am slightly hesitant. We are considering it, and maybe you all could give me a thumbs up or down to help me make my decision.

Til I return, God's choicest blessings to you today, tomorrow, and always.

5 Comments:

Blogger rita said...

Such a great picture.

What a lucky girl, I will take your movie recommendations to heart and put them on my list.

As for the interview... how do your girls feel about all of that? I don't know, I will pray for your decision.

pax!

November 10, 2005  
Blogger Lori said...

I absolutely love the photo....it's so "gone with the wind-ish".......not maybe victorian.....
hmm.......about the interview.....I dont' know how you got so darn popular......:) Do what your heart tells you to do.
Enjoy the weekend away..........I'm gone too........off to see bono and U2!!

November 10, 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

I say DO IT---do the interview. Of course, this is purely selfish on my part because I want to watch and jump up and yell, "I KNOW those people, I KNOW them!!!" Then, I'll call all my friends and tell them about it. HA! Just kidding, a little.

If you can be sure that the stations won't turn your words around and make you out to be a freak, I'd recommend doing it. There has to be more people like you in the world----standing up for what you believe.

I'll pray for you. God's Will be done.

November 12, 2005  
Blogger Lori said...

Some of the best pics are taken by children. Too cute!

Lori

November 14, 2005  
Blogger ukok said...

What an lovely picture that is...I say 'picture', because although it is a photograph of your daughter, upon first seeing it I had to move back from the screen to tell whether or not it was a painting!

God Bless.

November 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home