Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Halloween Redux




We had a terrific Halloween. Everyone found a costume, and the 7 yods actually went through 2 costumes - he got wet in his ghost costume, and couldn't run very well, so during phase II of trick or treating, he did a quick change into blue pants, yellow shirt and Superman cape, and viola, a new costume. We have a huge chest full of costume parts, so now they are on their own as far as getting ready for both Halloween and All Saint's Day.

This year for the All Saint's day party, instead of each child dressing up as a saint, my kiddo's did a skit about St. Edmund Campion. They make it pretty funny, as the story was about a lady pushing St. Edmund in a mud puddle to avoid him being recognized by the police. He was alway being searched for, and as a priest was in great danger in England at that time. So they took a serious topic, and found a little humor. It was all good.

Of course all this activity means a houseful of tired children. The addition is progressing, and I think I am getting actuated to all the noise. Although there was nailing of the soffets going on all day, I barely noticed.

Somehow, CNN heard that I have daughters that love American Girl, and that they are so disappointed about the Girls, Inc. connection. They called me and asked if they could come out to the house tomorrow and interview us, and the impact AG's actions have had on our family. BAH! Pray that the Holy Spirit guides our words. All in charity, and clear thinking. That's alot to ask of an 11 yo and a 9 yo, and a nervous, protective mom. But if it brings the Cathoic view point into the public square, then I guess it's worth it.

I'll keep you all posted!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

You need to go read Vox Lauri's post on that topic........she found out about that too and has a good link on her blog about it.
I hope all went well......will I being seeing you on the tube then?

November 03, 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

How did it go? I, too, am not happy about that Girls, Inc. connection. I can't wait to hear how it all went.

November 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home