Monday, February 27, 2006

Good times, good times...


Such a great and busy weekend. My husband and I went to a Theology of the Body talk on Saturday. We were able to leave the kiddos alone, and they did beautifully caring for each other. We both came home encouraged in virtue, grateful for the gift of our marriage, and very proud of our children.

We had our home blessed with the water blessed on the Theophany (called Jordan water), and our new addition is now official, as far as I am concerned.

Lent begins today for us. Eastern Catholics do not have Ash Wednesday. We begin the Monday before Ash Wednesday with Forgiveness Vespers, where we ask forgiveness from our faith family for any hurts we have inflicted. I'll post some of the beauty tomorrow.

My next icon workshop begins this Saturday. I will be writing Our Lady of the Sign. Or I may do the Trinity. I will keep you all posted on my progress. What a glorious way to begin Lent!!


Please pray for my husband, who is still sick. Everyone else is better, and he just can't shake this bug. He is going to the doctor this afternoon, so hopefull some antibiotics will kill it. Thanks in advance. Blessings!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I'm so glad I wandered by your Blog, it's lovely! I'm pleased that you enjoyed the couple time, and the house blessing.

As an Orthodox Christian, I also begin Lent the same way.

February 27, 2006  
Blogger Renee said...

Hey mimi, welcome! Come on by anytime, okay?

February 27, 2006  
Blogger Sapientiae Amator said...

I'll say a prayer for your husband. I am sure you have your hands full caring for him and everyone else. If you have the time, I tagged you for the seven times seven meme. If not, that is completely understandable. :)

February 27, 2006  
Blogger Mama Heffalump said...

~ Praying! ~

February 28, 2006  
Blogger Mairin :o) said...

Theology of the Body is great, isn't it?? Prayers for you and your family!

February 28, 2006  
Blogger Renee said...

Thank you Moxie. I will certainly find and use that resource. You are very kind.

February 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home