Thursday, May 18, 2006

Home again, home again jiggidy jig



I am back! The trip was terrific, lovely, refreshing, and restful. My last day there I spent at my aunt's pool, swimming, sunning, reading, drinking mimosa's and eating fresly picked oranges off the tree. I listened to the sounds of the birds and the pool filter. No children in sight.

Someone asked me if I missed the kids while I was gone. Honestly, no, I didn't. I was quite delighted to see them upon my return, but so enjoyed my time alone, missing them didn't occur to me.

I did miss my husband from time to time. I realized how much fun I have with him, and how much I bounce my ideas off of him. So I did miss him, and was very happy to be back with him again.

In the last 13 years, I have not taken a vacation without my husband or children. The best part of this trip for me was getting aquainted with me, the person, without the screen of husband or children. Just me. That was fun. I had forgotten what I was like when I was just me. I had forgotten to have long, uninterrupted conversations about not-child related issues. I found out my brain does still work the same way. I found I haven't changed as much as I thought. Children have only made me better in regard to how I relate to the world. All the gifts I held previousely are still there, I found.

So there you go. A good trip, a nice reunion with myself, and a great little suntan. Bliss!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

What a great post! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Welcome back!

May 18, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed - I'm the same way when I travel, I don't particuarly miss those who are behind, because I know they are ok.

Hey, if you'll email me, I'll tell you what weight loss routine I've been doing.

May 18, 2006  
Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

Welcome back! It sonds very refreshing!

May 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Renee! You sound calm cool and collected!
We missed you!

May 19, 2006  
Blogger ukok said...

So glad you return so refreshed from your break.

Hope hubbie and kids didn't save up all ther washing for you to do on your return!

God Bless!

May 19, 2006  
Blogger Mairin :o) said...

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and got back safely.

May 19, 2006  
Blogger Renee said...

ukok ~ no comment on the wash. Let's just say it has been resolved, no harm done. ;)

May 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home