Tuesday, June 20, 2006

An interesting comment

Ma Beck said...
Mary,
Is there a way you can make the icons on your icon blog 'enlargeable'?
(Did I just invent a word?)
They are gorgeous!


Welcome, Ma Beck, and I think I have some 'splainin' to do.

Most the icons I use to illustrate prayers or reflections are not written my be. When I do write one I make a BIG deal about it because it takes me so long. I will search and post photos of the one's I have posted in my blog in the past. I am sorry for the confusion.

For those that have asked if I sell them. I never have, because, again, it takes me so long to make one. But, I am hoping, now that I have my own "studio", I will be more prolific, and will be able to write them at a reasonable pace.

But, Ma Beck, thanks for your interest, and come back for the photos of the icons written by my hand.

(P.S. I was married at St. John Cantius, in 1992. It was the first Tridentine wedding there in something like 40 years. That was before my husband, children and I became Eastern Rite Catholic. It's a long story, but I have to say, I have FOND memories of SJC and Fr. Philips, who married us.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Well they are just amazing!

P.S. It's stupendous that yours was the first Tridentine wedding in so long - they are such a frequent occurence now! You really started a trend- the turnaround has been amazing.
:)

June 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home