Monday, July 17, 2006

Happy Birthday!!


Hello, all. We had yet another birthday at our house yesterday. My fourth child, and second son, turned eight years old.

Now this boy has been such a bright spot in my life. He has been sweet, gentle, smiley, considerate and darling since the day he was born. No, seriously. This is the boy who, when he turned 4 years old said he wished he was still 3, because then there was no sin in him. This is the boy who notices Mommy fell asleep while reading a story, and quietly tip-toes out of the room and lets her sleep. This is the boy who comes into my room early in the morning to make my coffee so it's ready when I wake up (yeah, so I have a coffe pot in my bathroom, doesn't everyone?) This is the boy who taught his little sister how to make coffee, so while he was on vacation with his dad and older brother, I would still have coffee when I got up.

Almost everytime we go somewhere, a stranger will come up and say, "There's something very special about that boy." One lady told me he had a pure soul, that she could see it. I don't know where she got her information, but I would have to agree with her.

He was born on the feast day of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. His favorite bible story is Daniel and the Lion's Den. He prays like a warrior after he recieves Communion, and he is very concerned about keeping evil at bay. He is a strapping, muscular guy, and has the sweetest smile I have ever seen.

He got some lego knights, as well as a new bike and a helmet. He has been riding all day, even in this extreme heat and humidity, and I have committed to go on a bike ride with him tomorrow. We are going EARLY, to try to beat the heat. Yesterday he brought cupcakes he had made (with a little of my help) to coffe hour after church, and everyone sang Happy Birthday to him. A few of the nice older ladies gave him some dollars, so tomorrow we are off to Game Crazy to get a new gameboy game.

After church friends of ours came over and our kids and their kids played all day and helped us devour the cake and ice cream we had to celebrate the birth of our boy.

All in all a great day,and a wonderful commeration of a loving blessing bestowed on our family. Happy Birthday, dear son. I love you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mairin :o) said...

He sounds wonderful! You are so lucky.

July 18, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Happy Birthday and Many Years!

July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home