Sunday, July 02, 2006

Hellooooo out there!!!


Well where have I been??

Really, just working around the house and yard, doing laundry, deep decluttering in the closets and stuff like that. The weather was unbelievably beautiful the last week of June. July has hit with heat and humidity, but so far not untolerably so.

Yesterday and last night I watched the entire mini-series of "Pride and Prejudice" by the BBC. Loved it. Want to watch it again. Want to run off with Colin Firth.

I had read the book a long time ago, but have to admit the intensity of the emotions didn't come through to me then. I thought the entire thing rather silly when I read the book. I was single then, in my mid-twenties, so maybe my stage in life made it less appreciated. Now as a matron (gak) I can see more in the story. Or maybe I can see more in the story because I SAW the story. Or maybe I saw more in the story because the acting was suburb, the music was beautiful, the sets lush, and the chemistry between Elizabeth and Darcy sizzled. *sigh* it's been a long time since I gazed at a movie with such heart felt enjoyment.

It all started when I was flying home from California in May, and watched, "Nanny Mcphee" on the plane. Colin Firth was in that, and cauhgt my attention. Again, he was very engaging, and struck my interest as he played a sweet, sad father of seven.

I then decided to search and find the BBC "Pride and Prejudice", as I had heard it was good, and now had renewed interest in its principle actor. And I am glad I did, and I will probably watch it again Monday while sorting the gi-mongous pile of unmatched socks I have.

Anyway, today we are off to a family party, this time saying goodbye to the brother we just welcomed home. He is off to Las Vegas to take a job in the banking industry. God grant him many years!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Have a wonderful day today and yes, will keep you in prayer!

July 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been wondering how things are with you, Renee! Kept you in prayer -- will continue to do so.
God bless.
Glad to "see" you back.

July 02, 2006  
Blogger Salar37_Shushan said...

Welcome back! :D

Haven't seen Nanny McPhee as yet, but I've long adored the Firth version of Pride & Prejudice. Its the BBC version I meant when I listed it as a favorite film. I don't think Austen's classic has ever been better done.

May God's blessings go with your brother to his new situation!

Susan

July 02, 2006  
Blogger Anne said...

Oh, my goodness. I OWN the miniseries, which is available on DVD. I LOVE it. If I could, there would be posters of Mr. Darcy dripping wet from swimming in the pond, hanging from my bedroom walls. But I do think my darling husband would have something to say about it! LOL

Lucky for me, he loved the miniseries as much as I did. There's just something about Colin Firth...He's my big celebrity crush. =)

July 02, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

I just read it for the first time this Lent, and have never seen any film adaptation. I should pick it up.

July 03, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Renee, I'm glad you had some time to relax and enjoy. Keep the faith and always ask for Divine help. It's the only way!

July 03, 2006  
Blogger owenswain said...

I wanted to thank you for the very kind word you left on my blog. Thank you.
P.S. Our is a huge Jane Austin reader who first fell in love with her because of the very series you note.

July 04, 2006  
Blogger ukok said...

ooooh, the yummy Colin Firth...what a delectable thought to retire for the evening with....

July 05, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Renee,

Eric and I loved this series too, and now after reading your post, I want to see it again. Or maybe read the book again. The other adaptation of Pride and Prejudice I loved was Bride and Prejudice, a Bollywood version. It's really fun, colorful, and just plain entertaining.

See you soon, April

July 06, 2006  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

oh, i loved the most recent adaptation of P&P with kiera knightley and ian macfayden -- oh, boy, did i love that movie! i do own the colin firth dvd's however; one can never have enough firth around :)

(meaning God does good work, right??)

July 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home