Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Simple words, profound effect

I have been feeling rather low lately. Incapable, disorganized, overwhelmed, etc. Wondering why on earth God saw fit to entrust me with seven souls, when I struggle with just the bare essentials of child-rearing.

Today, my 10 year old daughter was describing this chore chart system she had designed. She thought that this would make my life easier, and theirs as well, and get the jobs done with as little aggrivation as possible.

I confessed my inability to follow "systems" very well, and my hesitation to take on another plan that will inevitable fail.

"Why do you think this is the job I was given, when I am so bad at it?" I asked my daughter.

She blinked, looked at me directly, and stated very firmly, "Because you are the only one who could do it."

Wow. What a simple answer.

I'm off to do what only I can do!

Peace, out!

8 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

She's very wise.

June 21, 2006  
Blogger Wanda said...

Hugs, from one mom to another. I agree - she is very wise, and I need to take her words to heart, too.

June 21, 2006  
Blogger ukok said...

I hear you over there across the pond...(((Big hugs on there way to you)))

June 22, 2006  
Blogger Mrs. House Mouse said...

Hmm... you are doing something right with those 7...! (Hugs)

June 22, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

oh, out of the mouthes of babes.......as usual!! what a wise child you have there.

June 22, 2006  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Gosh I feel like ...just what you said...alot...your daughter loves you...that is good enough reason, isn't it? :)

June 24, 2006  
Blogger rita said...

sweet.
wise words for all mamas!

June 27, 2006  
Blogger Fatcat said...

Wow, how cool!

June 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home