Thursday, August 24, 2006

Home again, home again, jiggidy jig.




Well, we are home again. I am unpacked but still buried in laundry. I have to finish getting ready for the school year (YIKES) and get ready for more company, SO, I am not sure how much I'll be around. I have some interesting reflections to post, but as far as original content, I just can't predict.

The vacation was quite nice, lots of time to sit under an umbrella on the beach and read under a warm sun with cooling breezes. I am reading a book about Kansas Pioneer Women. I grew up in Kansas, and it is fascinating to see what was faced and conquered by these strong and brave people.

We encountered some wild life, most interestingly a bat that lived in the lodge. Every evening around 10:00pm, he'd come out and circle around the room a few times, then go back to his hiding place. Once he got knocked out because he flew into a moving ceiling fan. We got to see him close up then, and carefully took him outside, where he regained consciousness and flew away. Not an experience you have everyday, to be sure.

We did find out there is a nice, 24 hour emergency room in rural Indiana, as well as the fact that red streaks really do show up when there is an infection in a wound. One X-ray, 2 shots and a prescription for antibiotics later, my son's foot is almost good as new.

So, I'll be posting some photos this week, with a little commentary, and will try to visit you all, a few at a time. Hoping you are all well and happy!

**UPDATE** I left a comment for my commenters in the comment box =)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear MPN,

I am glad to see you back here, and I have to say 'alive', now that I read your bat tale.
Here's my question, to invoke much needed advice...here is my dilema at the moment:
how do you stop the negative feeling toward others, who you don't agree with? wether it is faith reasons, or frivolous things.

August 24, 2006  
Blogger Lori said...

Oh boy, good luck with that one MPN, what a welcome home present....I am glad you are back, sounds like you had a grand time, bats and trips to the ER included! Wouldn't be a family vacation without some of those minor mishaps. You didn't mention getting lost, which is what always happened on ours!! You were missed!

August 24, 2006  
Blogger ukok said...

I'm sure you could have done without the visit to the emmergency room, but thanks be to God that your son is on the mend.

August 25, 2006  
Blogger Renee said...

city girl ~

I am going to take your question in prayer to Diving Liturgy tomorrow and then get a response out, okay?

ayekah, yes we did get lost on the way home, but in Amish farm land, getting lost is so pleasant we really didn't mind. We had a map, so we eventually found our way back. A 4 hour drive was 7 hours though ~

pop tart mom ~ I am getting a little vacation now as dh is out of town. So I am taking it easy this weekend.

Ukok ~ dear son's foot is practically healed, but he has seven more days of antibiotics. This will be a challenge to remember til they are gone, but I am going to do my best.

August 26, 2006  
Blogger Ginger said...

Looking forward to the pictures! Your brief account reminded me why I don't much like camping. But then, when I try it, there's always some disaster, like rain or earthquake or fire, or....

:)

August 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home