Wednesday, December 13, 2006

teasers and a contest

I have some catching up around here to do! I did notice, and will respond to these comments ~

1) "You are the woman!!! I really hope I can be like this someday.."

I have a charming tale of our Friday night just to show how NOT the woman I am and how I also hope I can be like this some day...

2)"What is St. Nicholas oil? I have never heard this. What are its origins, and what purpose does it serve? *Smile*"

I will explain this, since I know Mama isn't Catholic I want to explain it with some background information on sacramentals and such, so stay tuned!

3)"Hey, I thought the oranges-and-shoes thing with St. Nicholas was a Dutch tradition. Maybe you described it in your blog in some other place, but I'm curious: do you have a connection to this tradition in Europe through your family?"

I have an explaination regarding our attachment to St. Nicholas that will require a little more time than I have today. So, again, "coming soon"...

and:

4)"I've never done this with my children, but then I never even knew about this tradition until a couple of years ago and then I think it was too late for us as converts, to start this practice, considering the childrens ages."

St. Nicholas Day is still one of my favorite feasts, and I don't think you can ever be too old to celebrate! Stay tuned!

and FINALLY ~~~

Any guesses regarding what momentous occasion is coming up tomorrow? First one to get the correct answer will get a special gift in the mail from me.


thanks for stopping by, and

I'll Be Back!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

It's your bloggiversary, of course!

December 13, 2006  
Blogger Renee said...

Wow! Kate first out of the shoot. Email me your address and you'll get your little "something" pronto!

December 13, 2006  
Blogger Kate said...

(which leads me to reflect - when I started my blog I thought of you as a seasoned mom blogger. It meant a lot to me that you visited my blog and encouraged me. And now I realise you had only been blogging a month or so at the time! perspective is a funny thing...)

December 13, 2006  
Blogger Mimi said...

Today's my husband's birthday, but somehow I'm sure that's not what you mean.

Um, the day after St. Herman's Day?

December 13, 2006  
Blogger DeeDee Kay said...

OH, I thought maybe it was the birthday of your (can't say favorite, can't say first, maybe tallest?) niece and god-daughter...;-)

December 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHnold! *ROFL*

Staying tuned! *Grin*

December 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home