Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Some of my many blessings and joys





I just found this lovely St. Francis statue at an estate sale this weekend. It is about 5' tall, and looks amazing in my woods.

Lily of Valley ~ I look forward to it all year. It fills my room with the sweetest aroma, and makes me very grateful.

And can't you just smell the lilacs? This bush has the most amazing, huge, fragrant and dark purple blossoms. It always blooms right around my sixth child's birthday (which is Thursday), and I always remember those sweet first days getting to know my newest son, while enjoying a huge boquet of these lovelies.

And lastly, my first grader lost her front teeth, and we are all adjusting to her new look. Her name is Cecilia. Ever try saying that with no front teeth?

Life is beautiful!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger ukok said...

Your blessings are just beautiful, particularly little Cecilia! In fact, reminds me I took a photo of a beautiful stained glass image of St. Cecilia on Friday, I'll be posting it soon on my blog. :-)

May 08, 2007  
Blogger Suzanne said...

When you have beautiful eyes like hers...why say a thing? They say it all...she has a lovely toothless smile! :) God bless!

May 09, 2007  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

It is, indeed! Thetheelia lookth beautiful with or without thoth teeth! I'll post a pic of my 6 year old who just lost her last front tooth too! They can be lotht tooth thithterth. Why does that always look so funny?

May 09, 2007  
Blogger Mimi said...

Gorgeous photos, all!

May 09, 2007  
Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

Thank you for sharing photgraphs of some of your blessings. What a beautiful snaggletooth!

May 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely St Francis as well. I came across a statute of him in a little overgrown garden (no house in sight) in Italy with a well beside him and his own flock of birds. It was lovely. One thing I always love about Catholic countries is the shrines one comes across on roadsides and other places. I do agree St Francis looks remarkably well in your wood. Long may he remain there!

(I deleted my previous post 'cos it didn't make sense)

May 10, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life certainly can be beautiful. Those are lovely images! I just opened a couple of new blogs with funny stuff in them. They're linked via the very top Righ hand corner of my normal one http://gledwood2.blogspot.com. You're welcome to come see!

All the very best to you

from

Gledwood

May 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home