Monday, June 04, 2007

Four things meme




Share four things that were new to you in the past four years. Four things you learned or experienced or explored for the first time in the past four years. New house, new school, new hobby, new spouse, new baby, whatever. Then you have to say four things you want to try new in the next four years:

New Things I have experienced:

I don't have a baby and I am not pregnant for the first time since I was married, (baby # 1 was our bestest souvenir from our Hawaiian honeymoon).

I have been walking regularly and exploring all the hiking trails and forest preserves around here. Previously I drove by them and wondered what it would be like to explore. Now I explore

I am now in my forties (as of last year). It has been a more challenging transition that I had imagined. I have learned to let go, and yet take more charge of my life at the same time. And that confuses me, too.

I have teen agers now. My little babies are growing up. I roles are constantly changing and adapting, and sometimes it makes me sooo tired.

What I want to try in the next 4 years:

I want to open my own iconography studio and teach (I am beginning this in 3 weeks. I want to expand in the fall).

I want to do a 5k walk, followed by a 10K walk.

I want get my physical therapy license activated again, and use those skills again.

I want to have more of my three crazy acres made into beautiful gardens, and learn the most efficient and professional way to keep them in good shape.

This is all providing I don't have any babies in my 40's. If I do, then scrap the last two, and I'll say I want to soak up every moment of my child's babyhood. Those other things can wait.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

Yeah! You wanted to play! Yeah, if you have more babies, you can soak up that other stuff later. If you have another baby, I'll give you an apron to fit you while you are pregnant! That is a promise!

June 04, 2007  
Blogger Mimi said...

You are opening an iconography studio????? That's so awesome! Whohoooooo!

June 04, 2007  
Blogger Henny Penny said...

Lots of changes going on at Crazy Acres! Exciting and nerve wracking at the same time...

June 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home