Thursday, June 07, 2007

A walking reflection


While taking my walk this morning (yea me!) with my trusty iPod, I heard a song from U2 (All Because of You) with a line that hit home ~

"I am not broken, but you can see the cracks, You can make me perfect again."

Sheesh. It is true you get to a certain point in life where you know only God can make things right. After flailing around in a vain attempt to fix things yourself, then becoming exhausted from all that futile energy expenditure, resignation to utter dependence takes hold. Then you live this minute, this hour, this day, and forget the past, stop dreaming of the future, and let the Spirit take you where He will.

And a beautiful day I was given today so far. I wish the same for you!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I find U2 to be incredible theologians. And, yes, what a good thought. (and, very good song too)

June 07, 2007  
Blogger Essy said...

Amen!

June 07, 2007  
Blogger Henny Penny said...

One of my favorite songs is Broken Things by The McKameys. Reminds me always that "God has a purpose for broken things."

June 08, 2007  
Blogger Cathy said...

I don't know if you know this or not, but that song IS about God, I Am, Yahweh.
When I first heard it, I was thinking he was meaning "All because of you, I am what I am", but in fact, after listening to the lyrics, I realized the song meant "All Because Of You, Yahweh."
He's just using God's proper name, from Exodus 3:14 "I am Who Am."
(By the way, "Uno, Dos, Tres, Catorce!" that starts 'Vertigo' is alluding to the FIRST part of the Bible, the SECOND book of same, the THIRD chapter, and the FOURTEENTH verse: Exodus 3:14.
:)

June 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home