Monday, August 20, 2007

What I'll be doing this evening...

I am asking for prayers. My husband and I will be taking part in an around the clock vigil, with prayer and fasting. The vigil is a 40 day effort of praying and protesting the opening of a new Planned Parenthood clinic in our town. Currently, there are no abortion clinics in our city, and it breaks my heart to think of the death that is about to occur here. We are asking for a miracle, that the clinic never opens, that some how, the lies and deception and degradation of girls will not happen here. The clinic will be only a few blocks away from one of the high schools, the one with the most minorities, which are often the targets of Planned Parenthood.

Anyway, the community here has organized a 40 day prayer vigil, and we will be taking part, and could use some extra prayer support.

Death is never the solution! Stop hurting women! Stop lying to women and stop hiding statutory rape! Stop getting between girls and their parents, and encouraging girls in harmful behavior and then keeping it from her parents. Someday when this holocaust is seen for what it is, my descendants are going to wonder how we ever allowed such butchery to continue. I want it to be known that I resist, and will shout out that abortion is discrimination against the unborn, and the most urgent human rights violation of our time. I just hate to see women violated and used for profit by a corporation that is only looking out for it's bottom line. Follow the money! Abstaining and adoption are not big money makers, and therefore not promoted by PP. Follow the money!

Check out Families Against Planned Parenthood if you would like to help. Also, check out Pro Life Action League for some updates on the vigil, and corresponding media articles. You can also make a donation if you are so inclined. The vigil is gaining attention, and has pulled the pro-life community together here. If PP thinks they can stroll into our back yards and begin killing our youngest members without any protest, they are sadly mistaken.

We will be there, praying, begging God for mercy and peace, healing and truth. I'll be out there tonight, so please, keep the prayers going!

blessings!

9 Comments:

Blogger rita said...

you have my prayers

August 20, 2007  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I guess you are out there right now as I read this. You certainly have my prayers and lots of them!

August 20, 2007  
Blogger Jennifer in TX said...

Our family will pray our Rosary in a few minutes for you and all those working so hard to stop Planned Parenthood! God bless you.

August 20, 2007  
Blogger Anne said...

Many prayers for you!

August 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Due to the time difference you may be tucked up in bed now. But prayers exist outside the concept of time and therefore I join my prayers to yours, Renee.

God Bless you!

August 21, 2007  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

You have my prayers.
God bless all of you taking part in this good work !

August 21, 2007  
Blogger owenswain said...

Sorry for coming to this so late but I suppose if anyone knows what to do with prayers offered after the fact yet able to apply them to the past, present or future it would be our Father. God bless you for taking this stand.

O | luminousmiseries.ca | onionboy.ca

August 21, 2007  
Blogger Mairin :o) said...

I'm praying with you. May God bless you for your sacrifices for the unborn!

August 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saying a prayer! :o)

August 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home