Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A help

Lately, I've been "lookin' for answers" regarding the lessons I am supposed to be learning during some rough waters. I am waiiiting, and waiiting to understand so as not waste this time, spiritually speaking.

Today, in my daily meditation from Henri Nouwen, I received this encouragment. Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness and loving care of me, your little, worried child.

Active Waiting

Waiting is essential to the spiritual life. But waiting as a disciple of Jesus is not an empty waiting. It is a waiting with a promise in our hearts that makes already present what we are waiting for. We wait during Advent for the birth of Jesus. We wait after Easter for the coming of the Spirit, and after the ascension of Jesus we wait for his coming again in glory. We are always waiting, but it is a waiting in the conviction that we have already seen God's footsteps.

Waiting for God is an active, alert - yes, joyful - waiting. As we wait we remember him for whom we are waiting, and as we remember him we create a community ready to welcome him when he comes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I'm continually amazed at how a post or a sermon will nail EXACTLY what I am struggling with. I know that it is God's hand in my life.

I am glad you are blessed. Prayers.

November 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joyful waiting has such a nice ring to it! :o)

November 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psst... HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :o)

November 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home