Sunday, June 15, 2008

itch


The chicken pox have arrived. I thought they were coming, and I was right. My top four children already had them, the bottom three are yet to go. One of them has it now, the other two should in two weeks. So now I know what I am doing in June. Then, we're done with that. This is one chapter of parenting I will not be sad to see go.

The funny thing is I didn't have to care for the other four children when they had the chicken pox. One of the children came down with it, and shortly thereafter I gave birth to baby number 5 (this is the child that has the chicken pox now). I was told it was dangerous for a newborn to be around chicken pox, so my mom kept the kids at her house until they were all scabbed over. Isn't she terrific?

Anyway, baby number 5 is now 8 years old, and being so very, very brave. So brave, in fact, the little two are anxiously awaiting when they "get to have" the chicken pox.

Anyway, any advice, besides calamine and oatmeal baths, which we are already doing, that would help me make my brave little eight year old more comfortable would be received gratefully.

blessings to you all!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have any advice since none of my kids have had chicken pox yet. I just wish we lived close enough so I could expose my children and get it over with. Anna is getting pretty old to be having them and I want her to get it over with soon. Well,good luck.

June 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm scratching just reading this post!

June 17, 2008  
Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

Can I send a casserole?
: )

June 17, 2008  
Blogger Mimi said...

We had a pox scare when my youngest was born, but my kids didn't get them until they were 14 and 9.

Warm baking soda baths are what we used, I think, and lots of rest.

Hugs and prayers!

June 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home