Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Today from Henri Nouwen

The Wounded Healer

Nobody escapes being wounded. We all are wounded people, whether physically, emotionally, mentally, or spiritually. The main question is not "How can we hide our wounds?" so we don't have to be embarrassed, but "How can we put our woundedness in the service of others?" When our wounds cease to be a source of shame, and become a source of healing, we have become wounded healers.

Jesus is God's wounded healer: through his wounds we are healed. Jesus' suffering and death brought joy and life. His humiliation brought glory; his rejection brought a community of love. As followers of Jesus we can also allow our wounds to bring healing to others.
Henri Nouwen

(visit here for more)

5 Comments:

Blogger SabrinaT said...

I need to read this! Thanks.

July 09, 2008  
Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

Yes, I needed to read this too. I gotta get that book.

July 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how true it is!!! Thank you to remind us all this very truth!!
I know few people who does live it and I do hope that, some day, when it will happen to me, I'll be able to offer my wounds as well.
thank you
God bless you
br.freddie

July 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are words of true wisdom, and the wonderful thing about it is that, when the wounds become a source of healing others, our own healing comes to completion.

July 13, 2008  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I'm just learning about him this year, a bit. Wow.

July 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home