Friday, July 04, 2008

I am ALONE!!

I am all alone in my house, for the first time in, oh, three years or so. I am giddy with the possibilities. I am swirling from laundry, to sorting papers, to cleaning my desk, to changing my sheets to finding my favorite songs on iTunes and blasting the music as loud as I can, since NO ONE IS HERE TO COMPLAIN!!

So as not to waste this precious time, I am not going to stay here long, but I will say that if I get done early enough to get back here, I will be finally updating St. Paraskeva. I am taking July off from the weekly workshop, and may then, have time to catch up with myself.

My garden needs water and taming, and is also whispering to me today. So is my icon, of The Samaritan Woman at the Well. And I only have 4 hours or so to see what I can do.

Tomorrow my eldest turns 15 years old. All he wants is a homemade cake, and a quiet day. Think our life is hectic much, when the 15 year old begs for quiet?

Anyway, I'm off to revel in the solitude. Toodles!!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to to your eldest, for tomorrow!

I'm alone too.... till tomorrow night, but i'm completely bored. I have lots to do i just can't motivate myself to do anything!

Enjoy your solitude and thanks for the prayers :-)

July 04, 2008  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Where is everybody? I love it sometimes when I get that break when everyone has been unhappy and bored at home and they too are out just doing something they like and I can sit back and go ...Ah! Have fun!

July 04, 2008  
Blogger Mimi said...

Enjoy!

And, Happy Birthday and Many Years to the eldest!

July 04, 2008  
Blogger SabrinaT said...

Enjoy your alone time!

July 04, 2008  
Blogger Susan Cushman said...

Just read your comment on my blog tonight... how did you find me? Enjoyed a quick glance at all of your blogs... you are one busy woman! Happy 4th, and thanks for commenting.

July 04, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only 4 hours to get ALL of that done? Let me know how that worked out! ;o)

Happiest of birthday wishes for your 15 year old!

July 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I know I'm rather late, hei I'm Italian... - but happy birthday to your eldest!!
15 years... I have already doubled it...

Anyway, hope you keep having a very hectic life and kids who asks for quietness, sounds like a wonderful family to me.

God bless you all and always
br.freddie

July 07, 2008  
Blogger Kitchen Madonna said...

Shall I pour you some Maker's Mark? LOL

July 09, 2008  
Blogger Laura said...

I love and admire that your 15 year old begged for quiet.
I bet she is a smart gal.

July 16, 2008  
Blogger Laura said...

Okay- she "requested" quiet.
I BEG for it.

July 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home