Thursday, August 14, 2008

Good thing


Thank you for all you good wishes and prayers. I am feeling reassuringly awful, but found something very interesting today.

Since June, (before I knew I was pregnant) I have been going crazy for avocados. I can't get enough of them. I eat them straight from the skin, with a little salt and vinegar. They ease my queasy stomach, fill me up, and taste oh, so good.

So today I thought, "I wonder what is in avocados?" So I looked it up and what did I find:

In addition, avocados are the perfect food for pregnant women. The folate in one avocado per day provides almost 30% of the recommended daily dosage and helps prevent life threatening birth defects of the spine and brain.


Cool, huh?

10 Comments:

Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I always figure that when I am "craving" a certain food (pregnant or not) then my body must need SOMETHING that's in it.

Did I say congratulations, BTW? Hope you are feeling good! Lemonade helped me get over the "queasies" every time.

August 14, 2008  
Blogger Laura The Crazy Mama said...

Totally cool!

August 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is rather Godincidental, isn't it?

By the way, I just posted something about nutrition over at MY place too!

August 14, 2008  
Blogger Suzanne Temple said...

This is exactly how I learned that potatoes are a good source of vitamin B and that cherries are high in potassium. Who knew?

August 14, 2008  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

That's amazing !


You are in my prayers :-)

August 15, 2008  
Blogger Mimi said...

I agree, we crave things for a reason. With my oldest it was orange juice, clearly I needed Viatamin C.

August 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so much better than craving beer and cigarettes!

;-)

August 15, 2008  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Wow~glad you were enjoying those early on! Thanks for the info about the possibilities of the painting! I'll mention this to my friend also..still I don't think it was a holy card I saw it. I'm thinking that a distant older cousin who is now deceased had this same version of the child Jesus...in her home ...smaller size, but she is gone now and I can't call and even ask her! I hope my friend finds out this mystery. It needs a tiny bit of restoration. They had it for sale at $2,400..she got it for $800 because no one bid on it! It really is an awesome piece and I wish the photo I had did it justice..sorry about that.
Anyway, you take care, little Momma! :) Suzanne

August 16, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VERY cool! ;o)

August 17, 2008  
Blogger Kelli said...

Congrats on the baby!! Soon you won't have to wish for scratch and sniff blogs.
Many prayers for a healthy pregnancy.

August 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home