Wednesday, December 10, 2008

More St. Nicholas




Here are a few more photos of my St. Nicholas collection. I have been collecting them for years. The large icon I wrote 6 years ago. Then small, silver icon was a treasured gift. I have an old candy mold, and a chalk statue made from an old candy mold, and a wax figuring made from an old candy mold. I have one from Russia, and one from Kohl's department store. I try to find a new one every year. These photos are from last year, because truthfully this year all I have done is put up the icons. I will be unpacking all the rest this week, so I can show you all more specific photos if you wish.

I have received a few of these as gifts, some I have found at craft fairs and thrift stores, as well as gift shops. Not all of them are St. Nicholas as Bishop. Some are St. Nick as early Santa, some are praying Santa's, and some are just Santa, but there is something about them that calls to me and makes me think of the real, true, St. Nicholas.

Thanks for asking, everyone, about my St. Nicholas'. I really enjoy keeping a look out for him wherever I am!
Click on the photos for a larger view, if you wish

3 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

What beautiful photos and a lovely collection! Thank you for posting.

I have a dear friend who collects St. Nicholases as well.

December 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the tall. woodsy looking one. :o)

December 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great collection! You definitely have a good eye for finding wonderful stuff. I've been missing our Thursday painting - can't wait to get back to it after the first of the year. Hope you're feeling well. Have a blessed Christmas!

Barb

December 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home