Wednesday, December 03, 2008

More jammies and food.

The hardest part of the day... getting dressed.

I am now 6 months pregnant, and my clothes are beginning to resemble pajamas. Everything is stretchy, baggy, long. So what is the point?

I do have one very nice pair of corduroy maternity pants with an expandable waist band. I am only 3 button holes from the end now. What are the odds that I am only going to use one button hole per month until the end? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Next hardest part of the day ~ eating my healthy breakfast when the kids are all having waffles with butter and maple syrup. I did nibble on the remains of my youngest daughter's waffles, but really, that is not the same.

Then finally, pregnant or not, the final most difficult part of the day is coming up with dinner. I have standbys that I use regularly, and they are fine. But some one always says, "(Misc. standby) AGAIN?"

So, I am going right now to conquer number one, I already conquered number 2 (except the nibble, but nibbles don't count).

Any help with number 3 from anyone? Anyone? Otherwise, it will be vegetarian chili, AGAIN.

(I totally acknowledge that if these are the most difficult part of my day, I have a pretty sweet little life. I do. Totally.)

Update: As I conquered difficulty number one later, I found on the other side of the nice corduroy pants another elastic band with 6 more holes. That makes 9 more total, and that just may be enough!! YAY.

Just to be clear, I even find myself pathetic at this point, so don't feel badly about it ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

Whohoooooooooo! Good job on finding the extra buttons.

December 03, 2008  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Hey, stop by my recipe blog
http://sfomomfridge.blogspot.com

There are lots of fairly easy recipes to make. I don't know if you are dealing with special diets but if not, stop on by.

Glad you found out that the pants will hang in there with you until the end. I cannot figure out how all these pregnant women anymore are wearing skintight everything. I couldn't stand to have anything touching my belly every time I was pregnant!

December 03, 2008  
Blogger Michelle said...

surely some of your complainers can take over some of the planning and preparing of meals, no?

December 04, 2008  
Blogger Renee said...

Well, Michelle, they already are in charge of breakfast and lunch, and all kitchen clean up. I certainly will suggest this, though, if I hear too much lip about my dinners.

And Barb, thank you, I made Chicken Fajita soup from your site, and though it is still cooking, it is a relief to have something that smells so good already prepared and bubbling away. Thanks again!

December 04, 2008  
Blogger Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

MPN, I'm glad you liked the soup! My daughter took some in her lunch today. I'm happy to report that it freezes REALLY well, so double or triple the batch next time.

December 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home