Friday, December 05, 2008

Seven Quick Takes Friday



Jen at Conversion Diary began this Friday tradition, and since I am truly uninspired, I am going with it this week.


--1--

After being woken up at 4:00am and not able to get back to sleep, my husband and I had an hour or two of conversation, followed by breakfast out at 6:00am. We were back before anyone even missed us here, although we did wake up the teens before leaving to let them know what we were up to. It was marvelously spontaneous.

--2--

Because I got such an early jump on the day, I have been crazy productive. Desk work addressed and finished, laundry attacked and over 3/4 finished, dinner planned and thawing, the rest of my Christmas shopping finished on Amazon, plus a few misc. school books I needed and had been putting off. Maybe the 17 cups of coffee I had at the cafe this morning is responsible? I don't know, but I'm going with it.

--3--

I have found 4 lost items today that have been driving me crazy for months. Months. I now have more space in my brain for useful things, rather than wondering where these items are. Yippee!!

--4--

I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins yesterday, using the pie pumpkin I had used for fall decor. First time in my life I actually used a non-canned pumpkin for baking. I felt thrifty and the muffins were yummy.

--5--

In all the turmoil going on lately, with the economy, terrorism, politics, the bottom falling out of my husband's industry while he is job searching, and this little gift of a pregnancy, I am feeling an unearthly calm. Sort of freaks me out, a little.

--6--

I hate how going to the midwife's office sucks every bit of joy out of pregnancy. I just wish I could skip that part and just have her there for the delivery. The entire attitude in the medical world about pregnancy is assuming dysfunction, and I always feel as if I have to prove to them that I am a responsible, healthy, stable individual who doesn't need such scrutiny. I feel bad for the midwife that healthy, stable and responsible patients are such a rarity.

--7--

And finally, I am so loving this pregnancy. The other seven were always a bit soon for my taste, and I had to work myself into the idea, and needed every day of the nine months to do so. This time, I am awed by the miracle, the unexpected joy, and the marvel of containing another human in my body. I am simply so delighted I can barely speak of it. And we are settling on a name for this baby, and that feels so awesome. My daughters have four names picked out and want to use all of them. It turns into a beautiful name, but a little unwieldy. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for sticking around for this. It was fun!!

(photo is of our ultrasound. I can't really make it out, either, but I know it's her)

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i love it when i actually have the energy to be productive! it's a wonderful thing!

it's strange to me that you get so much grief at the midwife's office. i've been seeing both a midwife and OB, and my visits with the former are so nice and relaxed. are you using the same midwife as your other pregnancies? are you considering a homebirth this time 'round?

hope your day continues to be lovely!

December 05, 2008  
Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

I am so glad to hear you are enjoying the pregnancy and seem to be full of energy too !
Good news :-)
My prayers for you all as we prepare to celebrate the Feast of St Nicholas !

December 05, 2008  
Blogger Mimi said...

What a fantastic blessing for you and your hubby! And, I agree, calmness and peacefullness are very, very good!

She's beautiful!

December 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

December 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So no idea what the green arrow is pointing at? :o)

December 09, 2008  
Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

Oh I totally agree with you about the prenatal visits. So invasive, so nerve wracking, and not much fun. And of course there is the dreaded scale which I have fought most of my adult life to make friends with!

So happy for you and this little one!

December 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home