Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Seasons


My goodness, it is snowy here. 14 inches so far, with more expected later in the week. It is positively beautiful, and the kids are enjoying both playing in it and then coming inside to warm up. School is going very well, and it so refreshing to get order back in our days. The moods around here are much improved. An added blessing to me is that the choir rehearsal for tonight has been canceled so I don't have to go anywhere except the corner store for a few things. It is days like these that make me understand the beauty of the seasons, and the idea that there is a time to be busy, and a time to rest. I am feeling that as well with the pregnancy; I am approaching the time to rest. Fatigue sneaks up on me more quickly, and there is no such thing a a flurry of activity for me at this point. Slow and steady would be a good definition for me right now. I am much more able to rest now that my other children are older, and also mentally much more accepting of my limitations, rather than having them chafe me. I find myself leaning into the season I am in, rather that fighting against it. It seems as if part of living with an open hand means accepting what is real, what is put in my hand and what is taken out, and by doing so, experiencing the blessings of all the seasons of life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I wish I had your wisdom. I always fight against the resting time. I guess I still need to learn that I am not in control.

January 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home