Wednesday, January 07, 2009

So how are all of you!

What a week we are having. My kitchen is getting repainted (JOY!) but that means everything off the walls, off the counters, and on the tables. Difficult to cook, eat, or do school but SO WORTH IT!!

We have 3 eye exams this week, oral surgery, my 3 hour glucose test, an orthopedic appointment and an internist appointment. We got the bill from the hospital for my son's arm. Yipes. Welcome, welcome, 2009!

I see this as a good opportunity to put many things right. Reduce the items in my kitchen and adjoining laundry room. Simplify. Beautify.

To make sure everyone is as healthy as we can manage and that they can see well.

To find out if I need to follow a different diet, to keep the baby healthy. This is all good information to have.

Choir begins again this week, and I already hear the girls singing together. The little ones have done a smidge of school work this week. We had delish homemade turkey soup this week.

As far as all the medical check ups and what not, I am finding true the saying, "You can pay me now, or you can pay me later". Eventually, you pay.

And again, my son leaves this Saturday morning. I see that he is happy to go back, looking forward to it a little, even. It makes my heart feel much better to see he is happy there. I'll miss him, but I know he is in good hands. And no more sports for him this year, so hopefully no more broken bones. (From my lips (fingers?) to God's ear).

As far as life goes, I feel like the ground in early spring rain. I am not really able to do much with all the events going on but absorb them and be ready for more. I can't let things "puddle up" or I'll get a flood. Just soak it all in and move on, preparing for the flowers to come.

Have a blessed day, and I hope your new year is proceeding well!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I hope you had a good Feast yesterday, and enjoy the kitchen painting. Such a bother, but a good reward at the end.

January 07, 2009  
Blogger Kitty said...

Having the kitchen freshly painted is one of my favorite things! I have painted or asked my husband and Father-In-Law to paint a different room in our house with every pregnancy except this one. This time my husband painted the OUTSIDE of the house.

This is a good time for some fresh starts, too, like you said. We're getting back into school mode, cleaning up mode, and with all the extra goodies we have had around the house with Christmas and Epiphany, also shape-up mode.

In the next few weeks I will, God willing, give birth to a beautiful baby, and when i have had time to recover, I will try to simplify again. I know I have too much stuff in my life.

I need to bless someone else with much of my sewing stash. I have had a couple of maternity clothing patterns and fabric for YEARS, and i have never actually done anything with it. Time to let go. I have a pattern for, with materials for making, a nice, full, long winter cape. I really need this cape when I am pregnant in the winter (like now) because my coat won't button and my jacket won't zip, and it is 4 degrees outside. So: this year the cape is a project I need to get to.

I could go on, but I might as well do my own blog post!

January 07, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you forgot to tell us what color it's being painted! ;o)

January 09, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home