Friday, December 19, 2008

Quick Take Friday

Well, if it wasn't for Jen's 7 Quick Takes Friday, I probably wouldn't post at all anymore. It is a little disconcerting, though, how quickly the weeks are flying by. But, in honor of Friday, here we go:

--1--

The orthopedic surgeon was able to set my son's arm without opening it up and using pins. He is in a very awkward splint that will be nuisance for six weeks, but all in all, a very favorable outcome to the situation. More bright side, our son got to go the concert of the choir the older girls are in, the same choir he was in for 9 years. He also got to join us in decorating my mom's Christmas tree (a long standing tradition for us) and will get to go Christmas caroling tomorrow morning (he was originally scheduled to come home tomorrow afternoon). We are so happy to have him home!

--2--

I have been enjoying chocolate this morning, since my Glucose Tolerance Test was yesterday. I have been diligent in reducing my sugar intake, especially as the test approached, so now I have a little reprieve. My real reason for cutting back on sugar is to try to keep the baby under 9 pounds. I achieved that goal last time, as my baby was 8#15 oz. I am going for 8 pounds even this time, if possible.

--3--

Still getting my decorations up. Slowly. The anticipation builds. On the agenda today is decorating the tree, the front porch and building our Gingerbread house. I have cleared my schedule for the weekend (except for a caroling party Sunday evening), and intend to enjoy going nowhere and fluffing up my house a bit.

--4--

As I have mentioned before, I am really enjoying this pregnancy. But it is just now beginning to dawn on me that I will not be basking in the glow of pregnancy forever, and before long, I will have an actual, real live BABY in the house again. I am guessing the adjustment will be like riding a bike, we'll get right back in the baby groove after a 5 year gap, but I honestly can barley imagine it.

--5--

The third trimester hit me with a thud this week. This weeks midwife appointment included the glucose tolerance test, kick count instructions, birth plan worksheet. I shopped for two days to finish up for Christmas, and by the end of both days, caught myself waddling. My hips and tail bone are achy, and some of my middle trimester clothes don't fit quite a well. The other kids can feel the baby move now, and random strangers pat my tummy. That used to really bug me, but not anymore. I relish the positive comments. Pat away.

--6--

I have been deliberating over baby names. You all know we are having a girl. I was totally set on a name, but now I am thinking I want to keep trying out new possibilities. I want her name to be meaningful and attached to her roots, either through her faith or family, or both. This is one of my favorite things, and I guess I don't want it to be over too quickly.

--7--

And finally, I am going to wish you all a Blessed rest of Advent, and a Merry and lively Christmas now. I am not certain I'll post again before Christmas. Many Blessings to you all!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the arm came out well, without surgery, and that he was able to enjoy some unexpected family traditions.

See you in Jan!
Barb

December 19, 2008  
Blogger Catherine said...

I really like your quick takes Fridays, Ree. I enjoy getting caught up on a week of your life!
God Bless,
D
P.S. What new names have you been considering??

December 20, 2008  
Blogger DeeDee Kay said...

That was me, Denise, by the way. I don't know why Catherine has a blogger account. She said maybe it was because she commented on your blog before? Weird.

December 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would love to vote on a baby name. How about giving us the contenders?

Giving virtual belly pat. ;o)

December 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home