Sunday, April 05, 2009

Typing one handed

So, I'm not very good at typing one handed, thus the dirth of bog posts lately. Little miss is not gaining weight fast enough to please the pediatrician, so i have been literally "plugged in" 24-7. I have not ever had this problem before, so I am a little flummoxed. She has lots of wet and dirty diapers, is quite well hydrated, but not yet back to her birth weight (2 1/2 weeks old).

Any way, part of the difficulty is her latch. She wants to act like she is sucking out of a straw. Thankfully I know better, and have been correcting her latch every. single. time. she nurses, otherwise I would be so sore I would probably give up. But it seems as if her nursing style isn't stimulating my supply very well.

So my hands and heart are full. I can read your blogs one handed, but not type very well. I'm off to feed her again. GO weight gain!!

7 Comments:

Blogger the mother of this lot said...

Been there, done that. She'll be fine!

If you know how to correct a latching on method, you have obviously been through the agony of it not being done properly! The memory of it brings tears to my eyes!!

April 05, 2009  
Blogger Jennifer in TX said...

Prayers for you both, Renee! Hang in there.

April 05, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh...glad I decided to take some time reading blogs today. Congrats on your little beauty. Great birth story! :-)

April 06, 2009  
Blogger Mimi said...

Whohoooooooooo! I love hearing about weight gain. Go Melanie!

April 06, 2009  
Blogger Anne Marie said...

as you know....I deal with this every time :) and the only advice I can give you is warm compressess, and express a little before you start-

see you Sunday!!

April 07, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A belated congratulations on the birth of your little Melanie! She's sure photogenic. I know you must be delighted as must everyone there be. God bless you and a Happy Easter to all - what a nice little Easter Basket!

April 07, 2009  
Blogger Mother Mayhem said...

Go Melanie! Go Melanie! :o)

April 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home