Thursday, May 07, 2009

Small Successes


Having a garden that can basically take care of itself is one of my successes. Don't look too closely at the dandy-lions, and other "weeds". We live in the woods and weeds are a part of life I have learned to accept. Taking pictures of the garden is one of my small successes. And Posting this on the right day is another. So here are some garden shots. Enjoy
(*of course, there is a extraneous photo of the two youngest, the Princesses of our home. Can't help it.)

Here is the front porch decor. Welcome!
Side door entry, the way most people come into our home.
I finally got tulips planted last fall. Yahoo!!! I am so glad I did.
See the happy little tire swing? A prize for the first to document the movie reference. A small prize, but a prize, none the less.
The Princesses!!


The back yard garden, with a tricycle that will be a plant stand soon.

My dear St. Francis. I can see this from my bedroom, and from the classroom, as well as the kitchen.

More tulips in the front. I can see these from the front living room window.

10 Comments:

Blogger Hope said...

Flowers are such cheery company.

May 07, 2009  
Blogger Mimi said...

I don't know the movie reference, but beautiful photos. I love flowers, and the princesses most of all ;)

May 07, 2009  
Blogger HuskerLissa said...

Your tulips are beautiful. What a serene garden!

May 07, 2009  
Blogger rita said...

lovely!! I especially like the tricycle-soon-to-be plant stand. (are you kidding?) ;)
I don't know the movie reference either, but your home seems quite cozy and welcoming. God bless!

May 07, 2009  
Blogger Tracy said...

Lovely, lovely garden! I felt at home. Thanks for sharing.

May 07, 2009  
Blogger Renee said...

It was my favorite tricycle. Bigger than you can find now, and my kids loved it. That is until it got left directly behind my car and the front wheel what irreparably bent. So, rather than throw it away, I put a pot on the seat.

May 07, 2009  
Blogger ViolinMama said...

incredible!!! They grew so well. Mine did not :( What's your secret!! They are so gorgeous!!! What a great list!!

May 07, 2009  
Blogger Jennifer in TX said...

Just a lovely garden!! How long has it taken to get your garden so beautiful? :)

May 07, 2009  
Blogger DeeDee Kay said...

Woohoo I can't believe I get the prize! O Brother Where Art Thou. I feel a little guilty, as the lines are like second nature to us, so it almost feels like cheating.
What gorgeous pictures!! Those tulips ROCK! You have an amazing creative talent, Renee. I saw the post above this one too, and Wow.

May 08, 2009  
Blogger Renee said...

Duh-duh DAH! We have a winner!! And I don't even have to mail the prize, since I get to see DeeDee this very weekend. Yes, it is from the Classic Movie Everyone Should See Numerous Times: O Brother Where Art Thou. Congratulations!!

May 08, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home